Steven Sieker practices exclusively in the area of tax law, and is recognized as a leading individual in tax as well as private client and wealth management by Chambers Asia Pacific, Citywealth Leaders List and Guide to the World’s leading Tax Advisers. Mr. Sieker has authored a wide range of key articles and publications, including the Hong Kong volume of the CCH series Tax Planning and Compliance in Asia. He is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), and was an executive director of STEP and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong. Mr. Sieker is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong, England and Wales (non-practising), and is qualified as a barrister and solicitor in Alberta, Canada.
Mr. Sieker focuses his practice on Hong Kong, Canadian and Asian regional tax advisory work, tax and estate planning — especially for high-net worth individuals — and tax litigation. Mr. Sieker frequently represents clients in tax disputes with the Inland Revenue Department in Hong Kong.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- Law Society of England & Wales
- International Fiscal Association
- England & Wales (non-practicing)~United Kingdom (2002)
- Hong Kong (2000)
- Alberta~Canada (1997)
- New York University (LL.M.)
- University of Alberta (B.A. Honors)
- Dalhousie University (LL.B.)