Masayuki Shinoura is a member of the Corporate/M&A and Antitrust/Competition groups at Baker McKenzie's Tokyo office. Prior to joining the Firm, he worked at Keidanren (Japan Business Federation) as an in-house lawyer and was engaged in research and formulating policy proposals related to corporate law, including competition law.
Masayuki focuses his practice on antitrust and competition and general corporate law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Involved in reviewing and amending the Antimonopoly Act and related rules and guidelines, including:
- partial amendments to the Antimonopoly Act introducing the Commitment Procedure (2016) and a review of the Administrative Surcharge System, etc. (2019)
- formulating Guidelines on Administrative Investigation Procedures under the Antimonopoly Act (2015)
- Involved in amending claim-related provisions in the Civil Code.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Japan (2013)
- The University of Tokyo School of Law (JD) (2012)
- Waseda University (LLB) (2010)
- Co-author, "Detailed explanation of the Administrative Investigation Procedure under the Antimonopoly Act," Koubun Dou, July 2016
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.