Toshio Shimada is a member of the Firm's Finance & Projects group in Tokyo. He previously worked for a major Japanese electronics manufacturer. From 2008 to 2010, he was seconded to a major Japanese bank's subsidiary in the UK and a major Japanese trust bank, where he handled project finance and securitization transactions. Toshio is a member of the Japan Federation of Bar Associations, the Tokyo Bar Association and the New York State Bar.
Toshio focuses his practice on banking and finance, securities and general corporate matters. His experience includes advising on financial products that involve the use of trusts, securitization, acquisition finance, project finance, PFI, syndicated loans and M&A involving financial institutions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on various financial products that involve the use of trusts, such as trust bonds, repackaged loans and credit-linked loans.
- Advised on the securitization of various assets, such as monetary claims and real estate.
- Advised on a diverse array of acquisition finance transactions.
- Advised on project finance for large-scale solar power plant projects, wind power plant projects and various PFI projects.
- Advised on cross-border M&A transactions involving Japanese financial institutions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- Japan Federation of Bar Associations - Member
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2009)
- Japan (2003)
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (LL.M.) (2008)
- Waseda University (LL.B.) (1998)
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.