Toshio Shimada is a member of the Firm’s Banking & Finance group in Tokyo. He previously worked for a major Japanese electronics manufacturer. From 2008 to 2010, he was seconded to a major Japanese bank's subsidiary in the UK and a major Japanese trust bank, where he handled project finance and securitization transactions. Mr. Shimada is a member of the Japan Federation of Bar Associations, the Tokyo Bar Association and the New York State Bar.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on project finance for mega solar power plant projects, wind power plant projects and various PFI projects.
- Advised on diverse acquisition finance transactions.
- Advised on the securitization of various assets such as monetary claims and real estate.
- Advised on various financial products using trusts; among them, trust bonds, repackage loans, and credit linked loans.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- Japan Federation of Bar Associations - Member
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Japan (2003)
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (LL.M.) (2008)
- Legal Research & Training Institute of Supreme Court of Japan (2003)
- Waseda University (LL.B.) (1998)