Baker & McKenzie LLP
Not admitted to practice law in this jurisdiction
Dionna Shear is an associate in the Employment & Compensation Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's New York office. She has experience advising employers regarding state, federal and global employment laws.
Prior to joining the Firm, Dionna worked as an employment & compensation associate at another law firm, was a law clerk for the Honorable Mark D. Houle, US Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, and while in law school was a member of the Saul Lefkowitz Intellectual Property Moot Court Team as well as an Executive Board Member of the Black Law Students Association (BLSA).
Dionna's practice focuses on representing employers in cross-border employment matters, including preventive advice and counsel, specializing in defense litigation, including discrimination, , harassment, and retaliation claims. Dionna also focuses on litigation involving restrictive covenants and breach of trade secret claims.
- Named, Top 40 Under 40, The National Black Lawyers, 2020-2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Former Co-Chair, Boston College Law School’s Southern California Alumni Chapter
- California~United States (2015)
- Boston College Law School (JD) (2014)
- University of Virginia (BA) (2009)
Publications & Presentations
- Co-author, Beginning May 2022 NYC Employers Must Include Salary Ranges in Job Advertisements, The Employer Report, January 2022
- Moderator, Boston College's “Innovations in Media and Entertainment” law panel, Netflix in Los Angeles, California, 29 March 2018
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.