Dr. H.-Jürgen Schramke is a partner of the Firm's German Dispute Resolution practice group. He has more than 18 years of experience acting as counsel in litigation and arbitration proceedings with a particular focus on high volume and complex plant construction and infrastructure projects, including nuclear power plant projects. He frequently publishes articles and speaks at conferences about arbitration, adjudication and construction.
Apart from his experience in construction, engineering and infrastructure projects, Dr. Schramke frequently handles disputes concerning commercial leases and other real estate-related matters. He also advises clients on investor-state disputes. His clients include major domestic and multinational companies in the technology, construction, real estate and logistics sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a major global technology company in a dispute about an infrastructure project (value of matter in dispute estimated at more than EUR 3 billion).
- Represented major multinational companies in high volume plant construction projects (including nuclear power plants).
- Represented international real estate investors in construction and lease matters (including shopping centers).
- Advised clients on investment disputes between states and foreign investors.
- Advised and represented one of the largest German real estate companies in major urban development projects.
- Advised and represented a major multinational logistics group in numerous real estate and construction matters.
- Advised and represented a Swiss investment and portfolio management company against private investors in approximately 20 parallel court proceedings.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Institution for Arbitration (DIS) - Member
- German Construction Law Society (Gesellschaft für Baurecht) - Member
- German Construction Court Conference (Baugerichtstag) - Member
- Working Group Construction Law (ARGE Baurecht) - Member
- Germany (1998)
- University of Giessen (Assessor Exam) (1998)
- University of Giessen (Dr. iur.) (1995)
- University of Giessen (Referendar Exam) (1992)