Prof. Dr. Michael Schmidl is an honorary professor at the University of Augsburg and specialist lawyer for information technology law (Fachanwalt für IT-Recht). He advises in all areas of contentious and non-contentious information technology law, including internet, computer/software, data privacy and media law. Mr. Schmidl also has a general commercial law background and has profound experience in the drafting and negotiation of outsourcing contracts and in carrying out compliance projects.
Prof. Dr. Schmidl advises in all areas of contentious and non-contentious information technology law, including Internet, computer/software, data privacy and media law. He also advises on matters relating to intellectual property, unfair competition, compliance and general contract law. Prof. Dr. Schmidl is experienced in general commercial law, and is likewise seasoned in drafting and negotiating outsourcing contracts, as well as in carrying out compliance projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising on several outsourcing projects in the banking and insurance sector.
- Representing some of largest global insurance companies and their affiliates with respect to global IT outsourcing projects.
- Representing global pharmaceutical companies in developing wearable devices and health apps.
- Drafting and negotiating license and provider agreements for companies in the banking sector.
- Germany (2000)
- Fachanwalt für IT-Recht (Attorney Specializing in Information Technology Law)
- University of Munich (LL.M. Europe) (2004)
- State of Bavaria (Assessor Exam) (2000)
- University of Munich (Referendar Exam) (1998)
- University of Bayreuth (Doctorate) (1997)
- Chambre de Commerce et d Industrie de Paris (Diploma Supéerieur) (1996)
- University of Bordeaux (Maîtrise en droit) (1995)
- University of Bayreuth (Diploma Economics) (1995)