Dr. Thomas Schänzle has extensive experience in providing tax advice to German and foreign multinationals on complex domestic and international corporate tax issues with strong focus on deal related tax structuring and internal optimized group reorganizations.
Thomas joined Baker McKenzie in April 2018 after having held the position as International Tax Partner at PwC for 6 years. He holds a diploma in International Business Administration from the European Business School (ebs) and is a certified German tax advisor since 2001. On top of that, Thomas holds a PhD in International Taxation and a Certificate in International Accounting (CINA).
Thomas has published numerous tax articles during his professional career and is a frequent speaker at national and international tax conferences and, inter alia, a member of the Tax Committee of Frankfurt's Chamber of Commerce and IFA.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Thomas was involved in several notable transactions, including:
- Advised a leading German Dax30 life science firm on structuring of an international group reorganization and a post-deal integration covering multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised a family-owned German led multinational on the structuring of a multi-territory carve out of a business division in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised a family-owned German led multinational on a post-deal integration covering multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised a German led energy supplier on the reorganization of the entire group structure and structuring of offshore wind park joint ventures.
- Advised on the structuring of a joint venture between two German automobile manufacturers, advising both parties.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Fiscal Association (IFA) - Member
- Tax Committee of Frankfurt's Chamber of Commerce - Member
- Germany (2001)
- European Business School (ebs) (PhD) (2000)
- European Business School (ebs) (Dipl.-Kfm.) (1996)