Alfonso Sancho joined Baker McKenzie Madrid in 2014 from a Big Four firm where he worked at the International Tax Services and Transfer Pricing Department. He is a tax lawyer and a transfer pricing professional.
Alfonso advises on transfer pricing and international tax matters. He works, in particular, with multinational companies, supporting them in documenting, managing, designing and implementing transfer pricing policies in accordance with their business models and considering the overall tax implications. His work includes dealing with tax authorities regarding the negotiation of advance pricing agreements and providing solutions to clients regarding other controversies related to international tax and transfer pricing issues.
- International Tax Review, Spanish Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year, 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Madrid Bar Association
- Madrid~Spain (2010)
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), Madrid (Master's Degree Business Tax Advisory) (2012)
- Instituto de Empresa of Madrid (LL.M. Business Law ) (2010)
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), Madrid (Law Degree and Economic Studies) (2009)
- Co-author, “The National Court rejects the criteria followed by the Tax Inspectorate with regard to adjusting transfer prices to the median,” Traxion, 23 May 2019.
- Co-author, EMEA Transfer Pricing Handbook, Baker McKenzie, September 2019.
- Co-author, Handling Tax Disputes, Baker McKenzie, September 2019.
- Co-author, Tax Transaction Guide, Baker McKenzie, September 2019.
- Co-author, Tax Management International Forum: Comparative Tax Law for the International Practitioner, Bloomberg BNA, June 2017.
- Co-author, Memento Express, 2015.
- Co-author, Global Tax Guide, Bloomberg BNA.
Baker & McKenzie Madrid S.L.P. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.