Robin Samuel is a partner in the Employment Practice Group of Baker McKenzie's Los Angeles office. Robin engages with employers to help them manage and resolve their most complex local and cross-border employment issues. Robin also handles all aspects of employment litigation, including class actions and single plaintiff claims in arbitration, state and federal court, as well as administrative agency proceedings and internal investigations.
Before joining the Firm, Robin led the California Labor and Employment practice in another international law firm.
Robin regularly litigates and advises clients on wage and hour, discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, employment contract dispute, personnel policy, business transaction, restrictive covenant, employee raiding, and theft of trade secret claims. He helps clients achieve their business goals by guiding them towards practical and cost-efficient solutions to employment-related issues. Robin also provides in-house trainings on employment legal developments and trends.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Robin acted on the following matters:
- Represented one of the nation's largest cable companies in wage and hour class action litigation, effectively disabling plaintiff's counsel from suing again.
- Represented a national mortgage company in a class litigation brought by the EEOC asserting pattern and practice age discrimination.
- Represented a concert promoter in a wage class action brought by seasonal workers.
- Represented a professional sports team in a wage audit by the Department of Labor.
- Assisted with a prosecution trade secret and misappropriation claims on behalf of a national staffing agency against a former employer and a competitor.
- Defended a private equity firm in arbitration initiated by former employee for unpaid compensation and fund equity.
- Advised clients on employment issues arising out of corporate acquisitions.
- Obtained a dismissal with prejudice on behalf of a construction and engineering firm on FMLA interference claims.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Labor and Employment Law Section - Member
- California - United States (1994)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Colorado~United States
- U.S. District Court, Arizona~United States
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada~United States
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri~United States
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (JD) (1994)
- University of California at San Diego (BA) (1991)