Justin Salkeld is highly experienced in matters concerning operational and investment real estate assets, including planning, acquisition and disposal, development, structuring, leasing and financing, and joint ventures. He regularly advises banks and borrowers on financing investment and development real estate. Justin also acts for a number of investors and operators in connection with the acquisition, development, operation and disposal of hotel assets.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for CIMB on its GBP 2 billion refinance and development finance of Battersea Power Station, London (including approval of the Northern Line extension infrastructure project).
- Acting for Intermediate Capital Group (ICG) on its agreement to forward fund a new 2.94 million sq ft global parts logistics centre for Jaguar Land Rover at Mercia Park – this is one of the Europe’s largest-ever single occupier build-to-suit transactions.
- Acting for Employees Provident Fund of Malaysia on the acquisition of Tower Bridge House, London EC2 for GBP 160 million.
- Advising Edwardian Hotels on a GBP 300 million newbuild of a mixed retail and flagship 5-star hotel on Leicester Square including co-ordination of site assembly, planning, finance, construction and pre-letting.
- Advising an Asian pension fund on its GBP 500 million co-investment into and the acquisition of a portfolio of distribution warehouses in Germany.
- Advising Maybank on its GBP 230 million development financing relating to Royal Wharf, London.
- Advising a Thai Joint Venture on the acquisition and linked financing of a portfolio of 26 UK hotels.
- Advised Equinix on its acquisition of data centre operator Telecity Group plc in a transaction worth USD 3.8 billion (GBP 2.6 billion).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1989)
- College of Law at Guildford (L.S.F.) (1987)
- Bristol University (LL.B., Honors) (1986)