Andrew Salerno is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s New York office and a member of the Firm’s North America Transactional Practice Group.
Andrew advises clients on a variety of transactional matters. He has experience representing export credit agencies, banks and major companies in debt finance transactions and cash management arrangements. Andrew also counsels sovereign entities, not-for-profits and major companies on banking, finance and secured transactions regulations.
Representative Legal Matters
Credit Facilities and Guaranties
- Advised the Japan Bank for International Cooperation on providing a guaranty in cooperation with the US Development Finance Corporation to Export Finance Australia to support the acquisition of a telecommunications infrastructure company in the Pacific Region as announced at the 2022 G20 Summit.
- Advised the Japan Bank of International Cooperation in providing a USD 600 million cross-border loan, co-financed equally with MUFG Bank, to support the acquisition of new aircraft for use in the borrower’s aviation leasing operations.
- Advised an internationally renowned not-for-profit on how a US government failure to raise the debt ceiling would impact the entity’s revolving credit agreement.
Banking, Finance, and Secured Transactions Regulations; Cash Management
- Advised the nation of Japan on a proposal that would represent the first reform to Japanese secured transactions law in 120 years.
- Advised a foreign export credit agency on New York State, Delaware State, and federal lending regulations in connection with a proposed credit facility.
- Advised a major silicon chip producer on banking regulations in connection with the company’s cash management strategies.
- Representing a Fortune 50 company on creating a cross-border notional cash pooling arrangement for its international subsidiaries in 12 jurisdictions.
- Representing a laboratory service provider on creating a cross-border hybrid cash pooling arrangement for 6 unique currencies.
Professional Associations and Memberships
New York State Bar Association
- New York (2023)
- Washington University School of Law (JD, Cum Laude, Honor Scholar Award, and Dean's List) (2022)
- State University of New York at Stony Brook (BS Honors College Certificate) (2017)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.