Eugenie focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation and arbitration in the areas of medical device distribution, commercial contracts and business torts. Her experience also includes broker-dealer disputes, foreign judgment recognition actions, agency enforcement actions, and litigation of other statutory and common law claims. Eugenie’s litigation experience includes briefing and argument of complex motions in pre-trial and trial proceedings as well as briefing appeals in Texas and federal appellate courts.
Representative Legal Matters
- Briefed appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit resulting in reversal and rendition in favor of the client, a medical devices provider, and the ultimate recovery of money damages and attorneys’ fees.
- Represented a publicly traded medical device company in several litigation matters, including state and federal court actions for breach of contract and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Successfully defended an arbitrability dispute in Texas state court, resulting in the dismissal of the claim that the client could not arbitrate dispute before the FINRA.
- Assisted in the prosecution of broker-dealer dispute in a FINRA arbitration matter, resulting in a favorable settlement of the claim.
- Rising Star, Texas Super Lawyers, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Phi Beta Kappa - Member
- Dallas Bar Association - Member
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers - Member, Leadership Class 2013
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan~United States (2016)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit~United States (2015)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas~United States (2015)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas~United States (2012)
- Texas~United States (2012)
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law (J.D.) (2012)
- Vanderbilt University (B.A. Political Science and East Asian Studies) (2008)