Paolo has a wide experience in complex transactions in connection with business reorganizations and acquisitions, including deals related to distressed companies (distressed M&A).
His practice has a particular focus on high-complexity legal consultancy on matters of legal entities and corporate law (reorganizations, shareholders disputes, joint ventures, share subscription processes, shareholders agreements, etc.), listed and non-listed companies, as well as insolvency matters (cross-border insolvencies, takeovers of companies subject to insolvency process, clawback regulations, bankruptcy proceedings, etc.).
Paolo regularly advises debtors and creditors (public entities and companies) participating in insolvency proceedings.
Representative Legal Matters
Advised Bolsa de Valores de Lima (the Lima Stock Exchange) in its reorganization for establishing a holding company and rendering stock exchange services through a new subsidiary (2018-2019).
Advised Ashmore Group in the acquisition of Stracon GyM S.A. (2018).
Advised Intursa (Grupo Brescia) in the acquisition of Inversiones La Rioja S.A. (owner of the Marriott and Courtyard hotels in Peru) (2017).
Advised Invepar in the sale of Línea Amarilla S.A.C. to Vinci Highways (2016).
Advised Grupo Security in the acquisition of Protecta S.A. Compañía de Seguros (2015).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lima Bar Association
- Peru (2009)
- Universidad de Lima (Law Degree, summa cum laude) (2009)
- Universidad de Lima (2007)
- Advisor professor of the Corporate Law Study Group (Círculo de Derecho Corporativo) at Universidad de Lima, 2017 - present
- Professor of Legal Entities at Universidad de Lima, 2014 - present
- Law professor at Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru
- Thesis: "One-Man Companies: The legal existence of entities in the development of individual business activities in Peru," Universidad de Lima, Lima, 2009, 633 p. (passed with the maximum score).
- Paolo has also authored several articles on legal entities, bankruptcy law and corporate law.