Representative Legal Matters
Assisted a large multinational company in structuring its Mexico operations to capture new oil and gas opportunities; advised on other issues related to the tax regime for private companies in the E&P business.
Represented automotive clients implementing maquiladora structures for manufacturing operations in Mexico.
Advised a global pharmaceutical company on the tax implications of its M&A and pre-disposition transactions in Mexico.
Represented various industry clients in tax audits and litigation as well as leniency requests from authorities; assisted in determining omitted contributions in the audit and providing input on tax matters in corresponding litigation.
Designed and implemented strategies aimed at recovering VAT in favor of clients.
Advised real estate companies on establishing private and public trusts to finance projects.
Advised companies on the design and implementation of procedures in compliance with tax obligations and in establishing appropriate risk management policies.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos, A. C. (CPAs national association)
- Universidad del Valle de México (Law Degree)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (Diploma in Taxation)
- Instituto Tecnologico de Sonora (Certified Public Accountant)