Kseniia Prokhur is a counsel in Baker McKenzie's Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Kyiv. In addition to her professional activity, Kseniia delivers lectures on procedural law at the National University of Kyiv Mohyla Academy and the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv.
Kseniia represents and advises clients in various types of commercial, corporate and employment litigation in Ukraine, and has significant experience in enforcing the awards of the most prominent international arbitration institutions. Kseniia specifically focuses on challenging the acts of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine and advises clients on all related legal aspects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a Ukrainian tobacco distributor in the Ukrainian courts in connection with a fine imposed by the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine for anticompetitive concerted actions in the amount of UAH 3.4 billion. The client was the first company from the alleged cartel to win in the Supreme Court of Ukraine. Such court decision established a precedent for other international manufacturers that were also fined.
- Representing a major oil products trader in the Ukrainian market in court proceedings on challenging the decision of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine rendered in a cartel case ordering fines in a total amount of UAH 71 million (approximately USD 2.6 million).
- Represented a Ukrainian telecommunications company in court proceedings against the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on the appeal of its resolution declaring the client as holding a monopoly (dominant) position in the market for distribution of television programs.
- Represented a large international banking group in the Ukrainian courts in a corporate litigation where an ex-shareholder of a member of the group was challenging the squeeze-out and acquisition of their shares by the client.
- Represented a Swiss multinational food and drink processing conglomerate in two employment litigations initiated by ex-employees, terminated as a result of redundancy, seeking reinstatement as the client's employees and compensation of salary for the period starting from termination.
- Represented one of the major Ukrainian construction entities in a large commercial dispute against the Ukrainian government and Kyiv city state administration on the recovery of losses that the client suffered from forced dismantling of the trade center building in preparation for hosting the Euro 2012 football championship in Ukraine.
- Represented an international trader of carbon steel products in litigations in the Ukrainian courts under the claims of a Ukrainian-based metal producer and related companies on the invalidation of a supply agreement between the client's Lebanon-based company and Ukrainian legal entities, and in a separate litigation initiated against such Ukrainian legal entities on the invalidation of a fictitious contract.
- Represented a large Ukrainian chemicals producer in a labor dispute on the urgent termination of employees' illegal strike action.
- Acted for a UK-based division of one of the world's largest oil and natural gas service companies in proceedings on the enforcement of an award of the London Court of International Arbitration against a Ukrainian debtor for the recovery of a debt.
- Advising and representing a major Polish oil and natural gas company in the Ukrainian courts with a view to recognizing and enforcing an arbitral award against a Ukrainian company.
- Advised the largest provider of aircrafts on the recovery of one of Ukraine's largest commercial airlines' debts under aircraft lease agreements, and represented the client in bankruptcy proceedings of one of the major Ukrainian airlines.
- Acted for the worldwide Jewish relief organization in a commercial litigation initiated by a nonprofit organization against the client under a charitable allowance agreement for the collection of additional funds for charitable activities.
- Represented a subsidiary of a well-known real estate investment trust in criminal proceedings by providing support during investigation actions (including interrogations), and in a court case on the cancellation of the seizure of premises imposed in criminal proceedings regarding the forgery and abuse of an office allegedly committed by the subsidiary's director.
- Conducting an FCPA compliance investigation in Ukraine for one of the world's largest integrated telecommunications services operators, which involves reviewing the documents and interviewing the company's employees.
- Next generation lawyer, The Legal 500 EMEA, 2018-2020
- Rising star, The Legal 500 EMEA, 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine (member)
- Ukrainian Arbitration Association (member)
- Ukrainian Bar Association (member of the Council of the UBA Procedural Law Committee)
- European Business Association (member)
- Ukraine (2011)
- Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University (LLM) (2011)
Baker McKenzie Ukraine B.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.