Simon Porter is a member of the Firm’s Structured Capital Markets Group in the London office, where he works on a wide range of capital markets and structured finance transactions. His practice includes specialist advice to corporate trustees in capital markets transactions.
Simon acts on a wide range of capital markets transactions, including debt, equity, equity linked and structured products. He advises issuers, trustees and arrangers on a wide range of matters relating to securities and finance, and is often involved in transactions involving Middle Eastern debt capital markets. Simon has worked on a number of technically demanding transactions, including the first ever pre-IPO convertible bond for a Ukrainian company, as well as a number of secured convertible bonds for AIM listed companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the arranger and sole bookrunner in connection with the issue of USD50 million senior unsecured mandatorily convertible notes for Galnaftogaz. The notes are convertible into shares in a Cypriot holding company or its Ukrainian operating subsidiary on the occurrence of a qualifying IPO.
- Advised Intergas Finance B.V. as issuer in connection with the issue of USD600 million 6.375 percent notes due 2017 guaranteed by JSC Intergas Central Asia.
- Advised Global Yatirim Holding as borrower in connection with the issue of USD100 million 9.25 percent loan participation notes due 2012.
- Advised Amstel Securities as arranger in connection with the issue by Peninsular Gold Limited, an AIM listed company, of four series of secured convertible notes.
- Advised Amstel Securities as arranger in connection with the issue by Radicle Projects plc, an AIM listed company of secured convertible notes.
- Advised Golden Belt 2 Limited in connection with the establishment of its USD3 billion euro medium term note program.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1992)
- College of Law (1990)
- St. Catharines College, Cambridge (Law Degree) (1989)
Simon has been responsible for editing the capital markets chapter of the Butterworths PFI Manual.