Sarah advises arrangers, originators, trustees, issuers, rating agencies and other market participants on securitisation transactions across numerous asset classes, including residential mortgages, commercial mortgages, trade receivables, consumer loans and leases, corporate loans and synthetic structures.
She has acted for arranging banks and originators in both commercial paper conduit and term issue securitisations, for a major rating agency in their review of European CMBS transactions for rating purposes and for trustees and issuers on term deals. In addition, she has acted for Issuers on straight debt capital market transactions, LPN transactions and on MTN Paper Programmes.
Sarah has been recognised as "one to watch" and a "rising star" in the Legal 500, with reference to her being " smart, pragmatic, and a delight to work with". In 2017 and 2018 she has also been listed as a "Next Generation Lawyer" in Legal 500.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for GLAS in a number of agency and trustee roles in respect of the wholesale financial and operational restructuring of Hony Capital's Pizza Express across the restaurant chain's entire global portfolio (the second transaction in the UK to utilise the new Part 26A restructuring plan).
- Acting for Link Asset Services as Corporate Services Provider of Debussy plc in connection with litigation arising from the insolvency of Toys'R'Us.
- Advising Barclays Bank PLC in its capacity as Collateral Agent in connection with the Swissport refinancing, particularly in relation to litigation instituted by certain unsecured noteholders of Swissport against the company and Barclays, as well as Barclays’ subsequent replacement as Collateral Agent under the financing documents.~
- Acting for the Note Trustee in connection with the default of Opera Finance (Uni-Invest) B.V., the first European Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities transaction to default at its note maturity one of a limited number of CMBS transactions to default at maturity and be subject to a Noteholder enforcement process.
- Advising on the series of Turbo auto loan securitisations for FirstRand Bank Limited (a South African incorporated bank) (both public and private transactions).
- Acting for a major international bank as sole arranger of its first securitisation of Austrian consumer loans.
- Advising Mizuho Bank as Senior Agent and Senior Lender in connection with the provision of a USD 947 million senior secured financing to Sprint Corporation secured by way of mobile phones.
- Acting for Investec Bank plc, parent company of Kensington Mortgages, on the structuring of Gemgarto, its new securitisation platform for prime UK residential mortgages and acting for various issuers in connection with other Kensington transactions.
- Acting for ABN AMRO as arranger and lead manager of the first publicly-rated RMBS transaction from the Republic of Kazakhstan, the USD 150 million securitisation of residential mortgages originated by BTA Ipoteka.
- Acting for a major international bank as arranger in relation to the securitisation of lease contracts of a Portuguese originator.
- Acting for US Bank as trustee (together with additional agency roles) on a number of auto loan, lease receivable, CLO and other transactions both within the UK and across Europe.
- Advising Homeloan Management Limited, a major UK mortgage servicer, in connection with its accession to a number of mortgage-backed securities transactions.
- Acting for Bear Stearns, International Limited in connection with a number of UK non-conforming mortgage securitisations.
- Ranked as a "Next Generation Partner" for Securitisation, Legal 500 UK, 2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- Sarah has worked with Amicus, a UK charity which provides representation for those facing the death penalty in the United States.
- Sarah established a mentoring scheme in conjunction with a youth group, providing role models to vulnerable youths.
- Sarah has worked with clients to conduct a thorough review of laws governing the rules of street children world-wide.
- Sarah is leading a team looking at the rights of indigenous tribes in Kenya and other African countries.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2005)
- Nottingham Law School (L.P.C.) (2002)
- University of Bristol (LL.B.) (2001)