Mrs. Poret-Kahn advises on and implements multinational companies' equity plans worldwide. To assist clients in designing and implementing their global equity compensation plans for their employees, consultants, and directors, Mrs. Poret-Kahn provides advice on securities law and exchange control requirements, labor and employment issues, data privacy implications and tax considerations. Mrs. Poret-Kahn also advises these companies on ongoing tax and regulatory compliance of their equity plans or on the regulatory and tax impact of corporate transactions on outstanding equity awards.
Over the years, Mrs. Poret-Kahn has advised a large number of North American issuers listed on the NYSE and Nasdaq on offerings of equity compensation plans to their European employees under the EU Prospectus Directive/Regulation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised one of the largest mutual fund companies on a number of international regulatory projects, including a survey of cross-border financial services regulations in connection with the offering of its products and services in 75 jurisdictions and its securities lending activities and share ownership reporting requirements with respect to the securities of issuers in nearly 30 jurisdictions.
- Advised a global research-based biopharmaceutical company on its listing on Euronext Paris in connection with its spin-off from a leading global health care company.
- Advised an Indian information technology multinational on the simultaneous listing of its ADRs on Euronext Paris and Euronext London.
- Advised one of the top 10 US pharmaceutical companies on the transfer of its EU listing from the London Stock Exchange to Euronext Paris.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Global Equity Organization - Member
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals - Member
- New York~United States (2012)
- Paris~France (2008)
- Georgetown University Law Center (2007)
- University of Paris I (Pantheon-Sorbonne) (2004)
- University of Paris I (Pantheon-Sorbonne) (2003)
- University of Louvain (2003)
- University of Brussels School of Law (2002)
- New York
- Co-author of a client alert on the US Investment Advisers Act and its extraterritorial reach and potential impact for non-US fund managers, April 2014.
- Co-author of the French chapter of the International Guide to Money Laundering Law and Practice, Bloomsbury Professional, October 2013.
- Co-author of several articles published in Complinet, Lexology and World Securities Law Report and client alerts on the modernization of the French financial and securities markets and the implementation in France of European Union securities and financial services legislation.
- EU Prospectus Regulation Proposal: One Step Closer to the Employee Shares Scheme Exemption for All, January 2016.
- The European Commission's Regulatory Technical Standards for the Publication of Prospectus Supplements, May 2014.
- France reforms its banking sector, September 2013.
- France's new aggregation rules for cash-settled instruments, October 2012.
- Key EU Member State regulators’ implementation of new short-selling bans shows divisions and European Securities And Markets Authority's inability to coordinate EU action, September 2011.
- France Implements the New UCITS IV and Modernises its UCITS Regulatory Framework, September 2011.
- France's new banking and financial regulation act tightens regulation and supervision of financial markets, December 2010.
- New rules adopted on disclosure of crossing of shareholding thresholds, September 2009.
- Public offering, transparency rules revised among financial market reforms, February 2009.