Danielle advises multinationals and provides services across the entire spectrum of employment and employee participation law.
Danielle has a strong winning track record in the field of employment litigation and won several significant court cases for multinational clients. Most recently, she assisted a multinational in a court case in which the employee submitted a claim to the court of approximately EUR 400,000. The court rejected the claim and in the ruling specifically pointed out the extensive and thorough defense.
Daniëlle's practice focuses on employment litigation, individual and collective dismissals, restructurings and related litigation as well as global mobility.
Representative Legal Matters
As trusted advisor to Boards of Directors as well as Works Councils of multinationals, Danielle Pinedo advises on:
reorganizations and collective dismissals (including negotiating collective labour agreements, social plans and conducting related legal proceedings)
employee participation law (providing guidance on the set up and execution of consultation procedures based on the Works Council Act as well as conducting related legal proceedings)
employment consequences of mergers and acquisitions such as harmonization and integration of employment terms & conditions
outsourcing and the social consequences thereof
resignation/dismissal of (statutory) directors
individual dismissals, disciplinary and grievance procedures and performance management
international assignment and secondments, cross-border transfers of employees and Global Employment Companies (GECs); and employment litigation.
- Winner 'Rising Star' in the European Women in Business Law Awards - 2019, 2020
- Nomination 'Legal Woman of the Year' Award - 2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Bar Association (NOvA) (De Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten)
- Association for Employment Lawyers (Association Employment Lawyers Netherlands)
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2008)
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (Post Graduate Course Employment Law (Postacademische Leergang Arbeidsrecht)) (2013)
- University of Amsterdam (Employment Law) (2007)
- Co-author, "Equal Pay for Men and Women: The New Form of Corporate Social Responsibility?," The Global Employer, 9 August 2018