Melinda Phelan is the current chair of the Firm’s North America Tax Practice Group and a principal in Baker McKenzie’s Tax Practice Group in Dallas. With more than 20 years of international tax experience, Melinda advises multinational companies on sophisticated international tax planning and transfer pricing matters. She assists clients in navigating the increasingly complex global tax environment and in optimizing their tax strategy. Melinda has also been involved in numerous domestic and international mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations.
Melinda is a frequent speaker on various international tax topics at a variety of conferences, including events sponsored by Tax Executives Institute and Bloomberg BNA.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Tax Section
- State Bar of Texas, Tax and International Sections
- Dallas Bar Association,Tax and International Sections
- Texas~United States (1994)
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims~United States (1996)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (1999)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas~United States (1998)
- University of the South (B.A. Honors, Phi Beta Kappa,Omicron Delta Kappa) (1991)
- Tulane University Law School (J.D. magna cum laude, Order of the Coif) (1994)