Michelle Pfeffer is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Banking & Finance Practice Group in Mexico. She practiced in the Firm's Venezuela office before transferring to Mexico City in 2015. She has substantial experience in lending, project finance, domestic and cross-border credit transactions as well as financial regulatory issues.
Ms. Pfeffer focuses on the structuring of guarantees and loans. She also advises clients on the regulatory framework in banking matters, insurance and the stock market.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted in the design and implementation of several corporate structures to optimize the financing and capitalization of the Venezuelan subsidiaries of multinational corporations. This includes coordinating work with colleagues in Spain, Holland, Colombia and Ecuador, among others.
- Assisted in various financing and warranties to vehicle dealers' structures.
- Prepared contracts of loan, line of credit contracts, contracts for the sale of shares, among others.
- Provided regulatory advice related to the provision of international financial services in Mexico and Venezuela.
- Assisted in the implementation of structures for the protection of foreign investments.
- Assisted various companies in an antitrust cartel investigation.
- Assisted Mexican and foreign companies in the structuring of security interest packages, with assets located in Mexico, to secure financings received by Mexican and foreign financial institutions.
- Mexico (2016)
- Venezuela (2012)
- Universidad Monteavila (Law Degree)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.