Ashlin Perumall is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate and M&A Practice Group in Johannesburg. He has acted for local and multinational companies, banks and property developers in a wide range of commercial matters. He has also assisted numerous clients in setting up their corporate structures and commercializing their intellectual property.
Mr. Perumall focuses his practice on matters involving company law, on-shore or cross-border corporate structuring as well as transactional work in public and private equity, reorganizations and divestiture.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Baker McKenzie, Mr. Perumall acted in the following matters:
- Assisted in negotiation and drafting of agreements and corporate documentation for the financing and securitization of assets for the development of the Mall of Africa (transaction value approximately
- Assisted in negotiation and drafting of agreements and corporate documents for the financing and securitization of assets for several commercial properties in the Waterfall precinct development (total transaction value approximately ZAR750 million).
- Assisted in negotiation and drafting of agreements and corporate documents for the Efficient Group's acquisition of ARX Investment Partners (transaction value in excess of ZAR60 million).
- Assisted in negotiation and drafting of agreements and corporate documents for Trimble Navigation Solutions' acquisition of a local distributor (transaction value approximately ZAR15 million).
- Advised a large investment manager on the conversion and restructuring of retail hedge fund commandite partnership structures into collective investment schemes under the Collective Investment Schemes Control Act.
- Advised an international UK-based plant breeder on its local licensing structures and exchange control, and assisted in securing an international licensing deal.
- Advised on and implemented cross-border corporate structures and relationships for an app-based on-demand travel business.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of the Northern Provinces - Member
- South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law - Student Member
- South Africa (2013)
- University of Witwatersrand (Advance Certificate in Company Law) (2015)
- University of Pretoria (LLB) (2010)