Kilian Perroulaz advises on the legal aspects of mergers and acquisitions in the Firm's Zurich office. He frequently works on matters involving corporate restructuring, tax planning, as well as general tax law for corporate and international clients.
Mr. Perroulaz focuses on advising national and international clients — both corporate and individual — on various corporate transactions and restructurings, mergers & acquisitions and tax planning. He is continuously involved in midsize and large deals in the Swiss market, where he advises also on tax structuring and tax rulings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as lead advisor for the Mathys family in the sale of the osteosynthesis business to Synthes, Inc. and prior carve out of the prosthetics business to Mathys Bettlach Ltd. with a transaction value of CHF1.5 billion (CHF1 billion cash and CHF500 million share consideration).
- Acted as lead advisor to the selling shareholder, members of the Mathys family, in the sale of shares of 3,862,354 shares of Synthes Inc. in an accelerated bookbuild to institutional investors.
- Acted as lead advisor for various clients in sell-side and buy-side mergers and acquisitions.
- Acted as lead advisor regarding the corporate and tax planning of a USD1.5 billion group restructuring.
- Acted as lead advisor on a post-acquisition planning and restructuring, both tax and corporate, of the acquired group (acquisition value CHF500 million) — headquartered in Switzerland — by a foreign listed company.
- Provided tax advice and planning regarding a joint venture between a Swiss and French group.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association
- Switzerland (1993)
- Swiss Tax Academy (Certified Tax Advisor) (1998)
- University of Fribourg (lic. iur.) (1990)
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.