Jesus Antonio Perez-Palazuelos
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C.
Jesús Antonio Pérez-Palazuelos is a senior associate with the Mexico City office with more than ten years of experience with the Firm. His practice focuses on the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate, contractual and foreign investment law. Jesús has also worked in the Guadalajara office, as well as in the Chicago office as a "visiting attorney."
Jesús typically assists clients with the implementation of mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures, as well as with matters related to general corporate law, specifically on matters such as corporate restructurings and corporate governance, among others. He routinely represents international and domestic companies in cross-border and multijurisdictional transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in the sale of the shares of a Mexican entity of the sugar industry. Such sale was implemented through an “auction process.” Assisted the client through all the sale process, including the negotiations with all the “bidders” and drafting of the transaction documents (including the Stock Purchase Agreement), among others. This transaction required the implementation of complex employment, corporate and credit restructurings.
- Participated in the acquisition of Sierra Oil & Gas Holdings, LP by our client DEA Deutsche Erdoel AG. As part of the transaction, our client was able to add six oil blocks to their Mexican portfolio. Among these blocks, our client acquired a participation interest of 40% in the “Zama” block, which is one of the world´s largest shallow water discoveries in the past 20 years. The transaction involved the participation of several offices of the Firm, including the Amsterdam, Toronto and Mexico City office, which advised the client in connection with the pre-acquisition legal review, negotiation of the Stock Purchase Agreement and ancillary documents, among others. The deal was selected by the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators as the “2019 Deal of the Year."
- Participated in the advising on and implementation of, the restructuring of three Mexican "maquiladora" companies, which are subsidiaries of a principal Japanese company in the automotive industry. The total value of this restructuring was approximately USD 10 million.
- New York~United States (2019)
- Mexico (2014)
- Columbia University (LLM) (2017)
- Universidad Panamericana (JD) (2013)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.