Carlo is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Mexico City office and worked for over 2 years in Baker McKenzie's New York office. He mainly advises on mergers and acquisitions, corporate and contractual law, foreign investment, project finance, compliance and brand expansion matters.
He has more than 12 years of experience with the Firm and has been recognized by Chambers & Partners as an associate to watch.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in the sale of part of one of the largest corn flour and tortilla manufacturers in the world.
- Participated in the merger and restructuring of one of the largest poultry producers in the US and Mexico.
- Participated in the acquisition of a national courier and packaging Services Company.
- Participated in the coordination of teams in 15 jurisdictions for the OUS part of the sale of the business of a large pharmaceutical company.
- Assisted Nielsen in the implementation and structuring of its joint venture with IBOPE Media in 6 Latin American countries.
- Assisted Virgin Mobile in the structure and launch of its Mexican operations as the first MVNO in the country and with securing loan packages with IFC and CAMIF.
- Assisted Abercrombie & Fitch with its brand expansion into Mexico.
- Assist real estate developers and hotel owners with M&A and developer work in Mexico.
- Assist various companies in antitrust cartel investigation procedures conducted by the Mexican Antitrust Authority
- Assist various companies in anti-corruption matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- U.S.-Mexico Chamber of Commerce - Member
- Mexican Private Equity Association - Member
- Mexican Chevening Alumni Association - Member
- Americas Society/Council of the Americas - Member
- Red de Talentos Mexicanos - Member
- LSE SU Mexican Society - Former Secretary
- Fundacion Participacion y Accion Ciudadana - Co-founder
- Startup Mexico - Collaborator
- Alumni Society - Member
- Mexico (2009)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (MSc) (2012)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Diploma) (2012)
- Georgetown University (Diploma) (2010)
- Universidad Anahuac del Norte (Diploma) (2010)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (JD) (2009)
- New York