Carlo Pérez-Arizti is a transactional partner in Baker McKenzie's Mexico City office, and previously worked in the Firm's New York City office. Carlo mainly advises on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, corporate and contractual law, foreign investment and brand expansion matters. Carlo is also a member of Baker McKenzie's North America Innovation Committee.
He has more than 17 years of experience with the Firm and has been previously recognized by Chambers & Partners, Legal 500, Latin Lawyer, Best Lawyers, among others. He is also a World Economic Forum Young Global Leader.
Recent media collaborations with national and international media include articles and interviews with Periódico Reforma, Entrepreneur Magazine, El Financiero, El Heraldo de Mexico, Revista Industrial Legal, Pro Magazine, etc.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised McCormick in the acquisition of Cholula hot sauce controlling entity.
- Advised Nielsen in the implementation and structuring of its joint venture with IBOPE Media in six Latin American countries.
- Advised Virgin Mobile in the structuring and launch of its Mexican operations as the first MVNO in the country and with securing loan packages with IFC and CAMIF.
- Advised Abercrombie & Fitch with its brand expansion into Mexico.
- Advised FedEx in the acquisition of a national courier and packaging services company.
- Advised ED&F Man in the sale of sugar mills in Mexico.
- Advise real estate developers and hotel owners with M&A and developer work in Mexico and LATAM.
- Routinely advises numerous venture capital funds in capital round investments in Latin American companies.
- Participated in the sale of one of the largest corn flour and tortilla manufacturers in the world.
- Participated in the merger and restructuring of one of the largest poultry producers in the US and Mexico.
- Participated in the coordination of 15 jurisdictions for the OUS part of the sale of the business of a large pharmaceutical company.
- Assisting various companies in anti-corruption matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- World Economic Forum - Young Global Leader
- Endeavor Mexico - Thought Leader
- Abogadas MX - Mentor
- US-Mexico Chamber of Commerce - Member
- Mexican Private Equity Association - Member
- Mexican Chevening Alumni Association - Member
- Alumni Society - Member
- Mexico (2009)
- Harvard University (Diploma) (2023)
- Stanford University (Diploma) (2022)
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (MSc) (2012)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Diploma) (2012)
- Georgetown University (Diploma) (2010)
- Universidad Anahuac del Norte (Diploma) (2010)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (JD) (2009)
- New York
Co-author "Chapter on Mexico" 2021 Global Private M&A Guide, Baker McKenzie
Co-author, "Chapter on Letters of Intent in Mexico," Manual de Mejores Prácticas para Fondos de Capital Privado, AMEXCAP
Co-author, "Chapter on Immigration and Undocumented Youth," Homeless Youth Handbook (New York City Edition), Baker McKenzie in collaboration with The Door, in progress
Co-author, "Chapter on Mexico," Global LBO Guide, Baker McKenzie
Co-author, "Legal Basics for the Success of a Company," PRO Network, September 2020
Co-author, "Chapter on Letters of Intent in Mexico," Manual de Mejores Prácticas para Fondos de Capital Privado, AMEXCAP, August 2016