Carlo Pérez-Arizti is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Mexico City office, and previously worked in the Firm's New York City office. Carlo mainly advises on mergers and acquisitions, corporate and contractual law, foreign investment, project finance, compliance and brand expansion matters.
He has more than 14 years of experience with the Firm and has been previously recognized by Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and Latin Lawyer.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted Nielsen in the implementation and structuring of its joint venture with IBOPE Media in six Latin American countries.
- Assisted Virgin Mobile in the structuring and launch of its Mexican operations as the first MVNO in the country and with securing loan packages with IFC and CAMIF.
- Assisted Abercrombie & Fitch with its brand expansion into Mexico.
- Assisted FedEx in the acquisition of a national courier and packaging services company.
- Assisted ED&F Man in the sale of sugar mills in Mexico.
- Assisted real estate developers and hotel owners with M&A and developer work in Mexico and LATAM.
- Participated in the sale of part of one of the largest corn flour and tortilla manufacturers in the world.
- Participated in the merger and restructuring of one of the largest poultry producers in the US and Mexico.
- Participated in the coordination of 15 jurisdictions for the OUS part of the sale of the business of a large pharmaceutical company.
- Assisting various companies in anti-corruption matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Endeavor Mexico – Mentor
- US-Mexico Chamber of Commerce - Member
- Mexican Private Equity Association - Member
- Mexican Chevening Alumni Association - Member
- Alumni Society - Member
- Mexico (2009)
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (MSc) (2012)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Diploma) (2012)
- Georgetown University (Diploma) (2010)
- Universidad Anahuac del Norte (Diploma) (2010)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (JD) (2009)
- New York
Co-author, "Legal Basics for the Success of a Company," PRO Network, September 2020
Co-author, "Chapter on Letters of Intent in Mexico," Manual de Mejores Prácticas para Fondos de Capital Privado, AMEXCAP, August 2016
Co-author, "Chapter on Immigration and Undocumented Youth," Homeless Youth Handbook (New York City Edition), Baker McKenzie in collaboration with The Door, August 2016
Co-author, "Chapter on Mexico," Global LBO Guide, Baker McKenzie, March 2015
Author, "Keeping a Promise," Masters in Public Management and Governance Dissertation, London School of Economics and Political Science, August 2012