Carlo Perez-Arizti is an associate in Baker McKenzie's New York and Mexico City offices. He mainly advises on mergers and acquisitions, corporate and contractual law, foreign investment, project finance, compliance and brand expansion matters.
Carlo has more than 10 years of experience with the Firm and has been recognized by Chambers & Partners as an associate to watch.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in the sale of part of one of the largest corn flour and tortilla manufacturers in the world, which involved the sale of stock.
- Participated in the merger and restructuring of one of the largest poultry producers in the US and Mexico.
- Participated in the acquisition of a national courier and packaging services company, which involved the purchase of stock.
- Participated in the coordination of teams in 15 jurisdictions for the OUS part of the sale of the leading male urology medical device business of a large pharmaceutical company.
- Assisted Nielsen in the implementation and structuring of its joint venture with IBOPE Media in six Latin American countries.
- Assisted Virgin Mobile in the structure and launch of its Mexican operations as the first mobile virtual network (MVNO) operator in the country and with securing a loan package with IFC and CAMIF.
- Assisted Abercrombie & Fitch with its brand expansion into Mexico.
- Assisted various companies in antitrust cartel investigation procedures conducted by the Mexican Antitrust Authority.
- Assisted various companies in anti-corruption matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- U.S.-Mexico Chamber of Commerce - Member
- Mexican Private Equity Association - Member
- Mexican Chevening Alumni Association - Member
- Americas Society/Council of the Americas - Member
- Red de Talentos Mexicanos - Member
- LSE SU Mexican Society - Former Secretary
- Fundacion Participacion y Accion Ciudadana - Co-founder
- Startup Mexico - Collaborator
- Alumni Society - Member
- Mexico (2009)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (MSc) (2012)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Diploma) (2012)
- Georgetown University (Diploma) (2010)
- Universidad Anahuac del Norte (Diploma) (2010)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (J.D.) (2009)
- New York