Carlo A. Pérez-Arizti Morales is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Mexico City office and has worked for over two years in the Firm's New York office. Carlo mainly advises on mergers and acquisitions, corporate and contractual law, foreign investment, project finance, compliance and brand expansion matters.
He has more than 13 years of experience with the Firm and has been recognized by Chambers & Partners as an associate to watch.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in the sale of part of one of the largest corn flour and tortilla manufacturers in the world.
- Participated in the merger and restructuring of one of the largest poultry producers in the US and Mexico.
- Participated in the acquisition of a national courier and packaging services company.
- Participated in the coordination of 15 jurisdictions for the OUS part of the sale of the business of a large pharmaceutical company.
- Assisted Nielsen in the implementation and structuring of its joint venture with IBOPE Media in six Latin American countries.
- Assisted Virgin Mobile in the structuring and launch of its Mexican operations as the first MVNO in the country and with securing loan packages with IFC and CAMIF.
- Assisted Abercrombie & Fitch with its brand expansion into Mexico.
- Assisting real estate developers and hotel owners with M&A and developer work in Mexico.
- Assisting various companies in antitrust cartel investigation procedures conducted by the Mexican Antitrust Authority.
- Assisting various companies in anti-corruption matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Endeavor Mexico – Mentor
- US–Mexico Chamber of Commerce – Member
- Mexican Private Equity Association – Member
- Mexican Chevening Alumni Association – Member
- Alumni Society – Member
- Mexico (2009)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (MSc) (2012)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Diploma) (2012)
- Georgetown University (Diploma) (2010)
- Universidad Anahuac del Norte (Diploma) (2010)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (JD) (2009)
- New York
Co-author, "Chapter on Letters of Intent in Mexico," Manual de Mejores Prácticas para Fondos de Capital Privado, AMEXCAP
Co-author, "Chapter on Immigration and Undocumented Youth," Homeless Youth Handbook (New York City Edition), Baker McKenzie in collaboration with The Door, in progress
Co-author, "Chapter on Mexico," Global LBO Guide, Baker McKenzie, 2015
Author, "Keeping a Promise," Masters in Public Management and Governance Dissertation, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2012