Oliver Pendred is a partner in Baker McKenzie's tax practice in London. He is a chartered accountant and chartered tax adviser providing corporate and international tax advice to multinational clients.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, he was a director at a Big Four accounting firm.
Oliver advises multinational companies in relation to all aspects of their cross-border tax structuring and M&A activity.
Oliver regularly provides strategic advice to multinational companies with the design, implementation and defence of their global holding, financing, intellectual property and supply chain structures. He also provides support to clients engaged in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, including tax structuring, tax due diligence and post-transaction integration.
Whilst he has broad experience across a range of sectors, Oliver has a particular focus on the energy, mining and infrastructure industry.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising various US digital companies on their UK and European supply chains across a range of structuring and audit defence issues including permanent establishment, Diverted Profits Tax (DPT), transfer pricing and offshore receipts in respect of intangible property.
- Acting for a US oil and gas services company on the defence of its global structure against a multi-aspect HMRC audit focused on DPT.
- Advising a UK-focused oil and gas company on its holding and financing structure, and supporting it in making various major transactions.
- Advising a supermajor mining company on various strategic advisory projects, relating to financing, tax audit and M&A.
- Advising a major Japanese technology and media group on a post-Brexit restructuring of its European business, covering over 25 jurisdictions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales (ACA)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CTA)
- London School of Economics (MSc) (2002)
- University of Bristol (BSc) (1998)