Andrew is an associate in Baker McKenzie London's Corporate Group and is a member of the Energy, Mining and Infrastructure team. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Andrew worked as an Analyst at a leading South African independent power producer, which focused on utility scale renewable energy project development and strategic renewable energy acquisitions across Africa.
Andrew's practice is primarily focused on advising domestic and international clients in the energy, mining and infrastructure sectors on corporate M&A transactions and general project development.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising the purchaser in relation to it's debt and equity investment into certain Australian Port Stevedoring businesses.
- Acting for Ma'aden on the acquisition of the pan – African fertilizer distribution firm, Meridian Consolidated Investments Limited, in their first cross-border acquisition.
- Advising a purchaser of an offshore wind project in the UK on the legal and regulatory regime and electricity market in the UK, including preparing a detailed report on these topics.
- Advising an offshore infrastructure fund on it's acquisition of a portfolio of rooftop solar installations located in England and Scotland.
- Advising Muntajat in respect of a ten year supply and distribution agreement with Sirius Minerals for the offtake of polyhalite fertilizer.
- Advising the Purchaser in respect of their bid for the USD 200 million acquisition of a majority stake in a South African concentrated solar plant.
- Advising the lenders on various project documents in respect of two 75MW solar PV power plants awarded under round 4 of the South African Renewable Energy Independent Power Procurement Program.
- Advising the senior lender in respect of the USD 75 million acquisition financing of an oil import/export terminal operator in Ghana.
- Advising the purchaser in respect of its potential acquisition of an equity stake in a 180MW run of river hydroelectric power project located on the Zambezi river in Zambia.
- High Court of South Africa (2019)
- University of Cape Town (LLB) (2014)
- University of Cape Town (Bachelor of Science) (2011)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.