Geraldine works regularly with property developers, including Chinese and South East Asian developers, REITs, global multinationals, Asian conglomerates, and high net worth individuals.
In addition to having an impressive track record in the Singapore real estate market, Geraldine has deep cross-border experience that spans across Asia Pacific, Europe, UK, South Africa, and the Middle East. She has worked extensively on matters relating to retail conveyancing, mixed-used developments, land planning , tenders and infrastructure.
Leading legal directories Chambers Asia Pacific and Legal 500 Asia Pacific have both recognised Geraldine as a leading lawyer in the Singapore real estate market, noting that she is "a very commercially minded practitioner."
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for the purchaser in the acquisition (share deal) and financing of a premium luxury hotel in Tokyo, for an estimated value of USD 881 million, and the negotiations of new hotel management agreements with the existing operator.
- Acting for the purchaser in a SGD 547.5 million acquisition (asset deal) and financing of a Grade A office building located in the heart of Singapore's Civic and Cultural District.
- Acted for a confidential client in relation to their proposed development and construction of its R&D facility with estimated investment projected over USD 2.53 billion in Singapore including negotiations with JTC. This new technology facility is the client's first advanced R&D facility in the world.
- Acted for Ascendas REIT (now merged with CapitaLand Limited) on the acquisition and financing of a SGD 181.2 million build-to-suit development project, which will be used as Grab’s new headquarters in Singapore. This is Grab's first dedicated physical facility and its largest R&D centre.
- Acted for a Swiss multinational investment bank as anchor tenant in the review and negotiations of a long term lease and fitting out of the whole Grade A premium office building located in Singapore's commercial and shopping hub. This was one of the largest commercial lease transaction by far in 2019.
- Acting for Tee Hai Chem, a specialty chemicals distributor which owns JTC properties on the sale of its 51% stake to Brenntag, a German chemical distribution giant for approximately SGD 200 to 300 million.
- Acted for the Singapore arm of the global solar firm, REC on their SGD 585 million sale and leaseback of on its Tuas South HQ property (2018) to Australia-based Logos Property. This is one of the largest industrial deals completed in Singapore in 2019.
- Represented the buyer, a consortium comprising KOP, Lian Beng, KSH and Centurion Global, in the $512 million purchase of Prudential Tower, one of the largest commercial deals in 2014. Also advised on the joint venture agreement amongst the consortium.
- Acted for Google for all 3 data centres totalling SGD 1.5 billion. Geraldine negotiated extensively with various government agencies on the grant of the land, use of the land as a data centre and EDB relating to the land. Geraldine also reviewed, negotiated and drafted the registrable lease with Jurong Town Corporation, Singapore largest industrial landlord and government – taking into consideration Google’s commercial needs.
- Geraldine has also acted for Digital Realty, a NASDAQ-listed company, on its acquisition of a site in Loyang (valued at SGD 200 million). This involved negotiations on the purchase terms in accordance with DR’s commercial, legal and compliance needs and assisting in application for power supply with Singapore Power, bulk electricity purchase agreement and drafting and reviewing its co-location agreement, service agreement, management agreement and power supply agreement. This premier facility will be connected to Digital Realty’s Jurong data centre on the west side of the island via both dark and lit fibre services, providing access to global tier 1 carriers, as well as the Singapore Internet Exchange. Digital Loyang Way, located on the east side of the island, will be able to provide both central-to-east and east-to-west connectivity/replication, a highly desirable feature for customers looking to host and grow their digital presence in Singapore.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Singapore - Member
- Singapore Academy of Law - Member
- Singapore Glass Association - Legal Advisor
- National University of Singapore, School of Design & Environment Advancement Advisory - Advisory Board Council Member
- Singapore (1987)
- National University of Singapore (LLB) (1986)