Geraldine works regularly with property developers, including Chinese and South East Asian developers, REITs, global multinationals, Asian conglomerates, and high net worth individuals.
In addition to having an impressive track record in the Singapore real estate market, Geraldine has deep cross-border experience that spans across Asia Pacific, Europe, UK, South Africa, and the Middle East. She has worked extensively on matters relating to retail conveyancing, mixed-used developments, land planning , tenders and infrastructure.
Leading legal directories Chambers Asia Pacific and Legal 500 Asia Pacific have both recognised Geraldine as a leading lawyer in the Singapore real estate market, noting that she is "a very commercially minded practitioner."
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Geraldine handled the following matters:
- Drafted the development agreement, preliminary agreement, agreement to lease, and lease agreement of Jurong Island for the various petroleum companies to operate on the island as well as for other industries across Singapore.
- Acting for several USA data centres as well as MNCs and SMEs to apply , negotiate & acquire industrial land in Singapore for their multi-million facilities including application for power supply.
- Represented the buyer, a consortium comprising KOP, Lian Beng, KSH and Centurion Global, in the USD 512 million purchase of Prudential Tower, one of the largest commercial deals in 2014. Also advised on the joint venture agreement amongst the consortium.
- Represented developer of Hamilton Scotts to successfully negotiate with URA on the reduced development charge payable for the first luxurious residential development in Asia with en suite sky garages next to the living room as well as in sale and financial restructuring of the development units which was awarded the title of " Best Residential High- Rise Development Singapore" at Asia Pacific 2012-2013 International Property Awards.
- Represented a listco to negotiate for the first Ritz Carlton branding in Asia for a stand alone freehold strata-titled residential development in Singapore and acting in the sale of the luxurious multi-million residential units to high networth buyers.
- Acted for an award winning developer across Asia in obtaining the Controller of Housing's approval and in the development sale of Sims Oasis comprising of more than 1000 units with commercial units and a childcare centre.
- Acted for a Singapore listco in the first en bloc exchange between the owners and the developer on a 100% basis where stamp duty is not payable by the developer.
- Acted for the Queen’s Foreign & Commonwealth Office, United Kingdom in its asset sale in Singapore.
- Acted for the developer and investors to acquire the stately 10 Trinity Square designated as a London landmark which played host to the reception for the first General Assembly of the United Nations in 1946.
- Acted for an Indonesian developer in the development of the 5 Star Montigo Resort, Nongsa which was voted as the best Asia Villa award.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Singapore - Member
- Singapore Academy of Law - Member
- Singapore Glass Association - Legal Advisor
- National University of Singapore, School of Design & Environment Advancement Advisory - Advisory Board Council Member
- Singapore (1987)
- National University of Singapore (LLB) (1986)