Adeola Olowude is an associate in Baker McKenzie's North American Employment & Compensation practice, with experience advising employers regarding state, federal and global employment laws.
Adeola has experience advising employers regarding state, federal and global employment laws, particularly in connection with cross-border transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, reorganizations and post-acquisition integration. She counsels employers on domestic and cross-border employment matters arising throughout the employment relationship, including helping clients expand into new jurisdictions, manage global workforces and terminate employment relationships. Adeola also advises on employment and separation agreements, restrictive covenants agreements, reductions in force and restructuring, wage and hour compliance matters and employment discrimination charges.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Lyra Health in its acquisition of ICAS World.
- Advised Instacart in its acquisition of Caper.ai.
- Advised a global technology company on the sale of their document imaging business and the public spin-off of their automotive voice recognition business.
- Advised US multinational corporations on employment law issues relating to COVID, including reductions in force, furloughs, remote work and the return to office, and vaccination policies.
- Advised US multinational corporations on expansion into new jurisdictions, including how best to engage workers whether it be direct employment, consultancy, or PEOs.
- Advised on employment matters in numerous US and cross-border transactions and post-acquisition integrations covering up to 30 jurisdictions and ranging in value from USD 5 million to USD 1.2 billion.
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Pathfinder Program, 2022
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California, Labor and Employment Section
- District of Columbia~United States (2021)
- California~United States (2017)
- Georgetown University Law Center (JD) (2016)
- University of Maryland (BA) (2012)
- Co-author, "Mandating COVID-19 Vaccination? Before You Act, Consider These Key Issues For US and Multinational Employers," The Employer Report, 30 July 2021
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.