Mami Ohara is a member of the Firm’s Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions practice groups. She advises Japanese and international companies on global and domestic corporate reorganizations, cross-border compliance, mergers, acquisitions and corporate governance matters. Ms. Ohara recently returned to the Tokyo office after practicing in the Firm's Chicago and London offices.
Ms. Ohara has worked on a range of cross-border corporate matters, including compliance, corporate reorganizations, mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures. She also serves as a member of the Firm’s Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences Industry Group, and handles regulatory matters in relation to the pharmaceutical industry.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a US pharmaceutical company on the spinoff of its bioscience business into a new NYSE-listed company.
- Advised a Japanese insurance company on its USD5.7 billion cash merger with a NYSE-listed US life insurance company.
- Advised a US pharmaceutical company on the USD5.3 billion sale to another US pharmaceutical company of a portfolio of branded specialty and generic drugs in developed markets outside the United States.
- Advised a major Japanese cosmetics company on its tender offer for a US cosmetics company.
- Advised an oil company on its business integration with a mining company.
- Represented an investment fund in potential management buyout opportunities.
- Advised a global automotive company in connection with its US Securities Exchange Act reporting obligations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2009)
- Cornell Law School (LL.M. (Editor, Cornell International Law Journal)) (2008)
- Keio University Law School (J.D.) (2007)
- Keio University (LL.B.) (2002)
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.