Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a US pharmaceutical company on the spinoff of its bioscience business into a new NYSE-listed company.
- Advised a Japanese insurance company on its USD5.7 billion cash merger with a NYSE-listed US life insurance company.
- Advised a US pharmaceutical company on the USD5.3 billion sale to another US pharmaceutical company of a portfolio of branded specialty and generic drugs in developed markets outside the United States.
- Advised a major Japanese cosmetics company on its tender offer for a US cosmetics company.
- Advised an oil company on its business integration with a mining company.
- Represented an investment fund in potential management buyout opportunities.
- Advised a global automotive company in connection with its US Securities Exchange Act reporting obligations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2009)
- Cornell Law School (LL.M., (Editor, Cornell International Law Journal)) (2008)
- Keio University Law School (J.D.) (2007)
- Keio University (LL.B.) (2002)
Co-author, "Legal and tax practices on conducting business in Asia – from business start-up to expansion and withdrawal," Chuokeizai-sha, August 2011, Language: Japanese
Co-author, "How to Deal with Zeus – Advocacy of Parallel Proceedings from an Investor’s Perspective," 25-10 Mealey’s Int. Arb. Rep. 18, 2010
Speaker and Panelist, "Emerging Trade Opportunities with Japan - Abenomics and Recent Legal Developments," Trade Seminar hosted by JETRO Chicago, the Japan America Society of Chicago and Baker & McKenzie LLP, 23 January 2014, Language: English