Representative Legal Matters
- Represented an Ontario regulatory agency in civil proceedings to recover assets in Canada and abroad.
- Represented a private US railway company in civil proceedings involving conflicts of laws.
- Represented a Swiss medical device manufacturer in civil proceedings involving a jurisdiction dispute.
- Represented a Japanese film capacitor manufacturer in multi-jurisdictional class proceedings involving alleged price-fixing.
- Acted in class proceedings claiming USD 750 million in damages against a telecommunications company for allegedly improper use of customer metadata.
- Acted in class proceedings claiming USD 500 million in damages arising from the collapse of a major cryptocurrency exchange.
- Acted in class proceedings claiming USD 50 million in damages arising from a series of cyberattacks on a web services provider and alleged resultant customer data breaches.
- Acted in class proceedings involving the assertion of employment rights by amateur athletes in Canada and the United States.
- Represented a state-owned mining company in major international commercial arbitration concerning contractual disputes.
- Represented a private US railway company in major international commercial arbitration concerning operational rights.
Professional Associations and Memberships
• Law Society of Ontario
• Advocates' Society
• Toronto Lawyers Association
• Ontario Bar Association
• Canadian Bar Association
• International Bar Association
- Ontario~Canada (2014)
- University of Western Ontario (JD) (2013)
- Queen's University (MA) (2009)
- Queen's University (BA Honours) (2008)
Co-author, "B.C. Court Finds Civil Fraud by Omission," Baker McKenzie Canadian Fraud Law Blog, April 2018
Co-author, "Construction Subcontractors to Gain New Protections in Insolvencies," Baker McKenzie Global Restructuring Blog, March 2018
Author, "Documents Prove Fraud in Summary Judgment Decision," Baker McKenzie Canadian Fraud Law Blog, November 2017
Co-author, "Auditor Liable for Financial Losses to its Client’s Clients," Baker McKenzie Global Class Actions Blog, September 2017
Author, "Fraud by Omission: Ontario Case Law Updates," Baker McKenzie Canadian Fraud Law Blog, August 2017