Ashley Newsome is an associate in the Transactional Practice Group of Baker McKenzie in Chicago. Ashley counsels public and private companies and their boards on a variety of capital market transactions, including public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, SEC reporting and disclosure obligations, and corporate governance matters. She also advises multinational companies on global and domestic transactional matters, corporate reorganizations and mergers and acquisitions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented an NYSE-listed company in a USD 350 million green bond offering.
- Represented an NYSE-listed company in establishing multiple at-the-market programs worth USD 1 billion.
- Ongoing representation of NYSE and NASDAQ-listed companies in connection with SEC reporting and disclosure obligations, compliance with stock exchange rules and regulations, and general corporate governance matters.
- Advised an NYSE-listed global healthcare company on a post-acquisition integration in 30+ jurisdictions.
- Advised Kofax as international counsel on the purchase of Nuance Communication's imaging business.
- Advised Donaldson Company, Inc. in its proposed sale of an auto filtration business division to a private equity buyer.
- Advised Zen-Noh Grain Corporation in the divestiture ordered by the US Department of Justice of grain elevators acquired from Bunge Limited (NYSE).
- Illinois~United States (2018)
- George Washington University Law School (JD, cum laude) (2018)
- Boston College (Bachelor of Arts, cum laude) (2014)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.