Javier Navarro-Treviño is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Mexico City office. He has extensive experience representing individuals and legal entities in complex domestic and international litigation and arbitration.
Mr. Navarro-Treviño's practice focuses on complex domestic and international disputes. He has experience in Mexican local and federal courts in the Mexican republic, as well as before arbitral tribunals, such as the International Court of Arbitration (ICC) and Mexico City National Chamber of Commerce (CANACO).
Representative Legal Matters
Counseling a Mexican government corporation in one of the largest international construction arbitration in Latin America, involving claims of more than USD700 million in an energy generation project before the ICC.
Successfully defended several companies in commercial litigation of high complex disputes.
Conducted interviews to the staff of a transnational company to corroborate that the manner in which it performs its duties and responsibilities is according to the FCPA and Mexican anticorruption regulation.
Represented clients in exequatur proceedings of Mexican and foreign judgments in different jurisdictions.
Represented clients in complex administrative proceedings against local and federal government entities.
Successfully defended international luxury hotel companies in multinational controversies.
Participated in bankruptcy proceedings of well known Mexican companies.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Phi Delta Phi, International Legal Fraternity - Member
- Paris Académie de l'arbitrage - Member
- COPARMEX (Employer's Confederation of the Mexican Republic) - Member
- International Chamber of Commerce in Monterrey - President of the Arbitration Committee
- Mexico (2009)
- Paris Académie de l' arbitrage (Commercial International Arbitration Course) (2012)
- Universidad Panamericana (Post Graduate Studies Civil & Commercial Procedural Law and Amparo) (2011)
- Paris Académie de l' arbitrage (Investment International Arbitration Course) (2011)
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey ITESM (Lic. en Derecho) (2009)
- Mexico City