Fabián Navares is a member of the Firm's Foreign Trade practice in the Guadalajara office. He regularly advises on commercial law, litigation procedures as well as foreign trade and customs matters. He has co-authored articles on topics related to his area of practice. Mr. Navares has also served as guest speaker at seminars and lectures organized by various institutions, including the Consejo Empresarial Mexicano de Comercio Exterior (COMCE) and the American Chamber of Commerce of Mexico.
Mr. Navares' practice is focused on customs compliance, tariff classification, customs valuation, rules of origin, labeling and exportation programs and government-related matters. He has represented various companies before the Federal Tax and Administrative Justice Courts and the Federal Courts in Mexico.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented several clients in customs litigation.
- Advised on audits conducted by tax and customs authorities.
- Acted as consultant on customs auto compliance matters.
- Assisted in the restructuring of foreign trade operations.
- Provided legal advice on tariff classification and customs valuation.
- Guadalajara~Mexico (2007)
- Instituto Tecnologico y De Estudios Superiores de Occidente (Law Degree) (2009)