Lerisha advises and represents international and domestic clients in mergers and acquisitions, prohibited practices (including cartel-related matters), and compliance and risk mitigation. She has appeared before the Competition Tribunal of South Africa in merger proceedings, and has also worked on matters relating to clients involved in Tribunal proceedings.
Lerisha has acted in a number of high-profile matters involving industry-wide and global cartels (eg, in the construction, aviation and gas industries), interim relief applications, contested mergers and dawn raids. She has also participated in a number of compliance initiatives, including training sessions for firms' employees related to competition risk mitigation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising the South African office of a multinational consumer goods company on a predatory pricing complaint in relation to its washing powder business.
- Advising and representing the South African office of a multinational consumer goods company in contentious proceedings before the Competition Tribunal of South Africa in respect of allegations of a cartel infringement.
- Advising a global automotive components manufacturer in relation to potential antitrust risk exposure in South Africa.
- Advised, as part of global teams, on several high-profile transactions.
- Representing Oberthur Technologies in notifying its acquisition of Xantium in South Africa.
- Advising on the industry-wide collusion investigation into the construction industry.
- Undertaking antitrust compliance training for an international financial services provider and Clariant in South Africa.
- Undertaking merger filings in a number of African jurisdictions (other than South Africa) including Namibia, Tanzania, Kenya and the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa.
- Advised a number of listed property development firms on a range of antitrust matters, including Redefine Limited, Growthpoint, Investec Property, a leading South Africa bank, Absa Bank, and Liberty.
- Represented Acucap Properties at the Competition Tribunal and was instrumental in ensuring that the merger between Growthpoint Properties and Acucap Properties was approved without conditions.
- Named Southern Africa Partner of the Year by African Legal Awards 2023
- Named as Up and Coming in Competition Law in the Chambers Global Guide 2019
- Named as a Next Generation Lawyer in the Legal 500 Europe, Middle East and Africa Guide 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of the Northern Provinces - Member
- South Africa (2009)
- University of KwaZulu-Natal (LLB) (2006)