She advises retail, touristic and manufacturing industries, among others, on the drafting and negotiation of agreements, acquisition of real estate properties and opening of new business locations, as well as securing, reviewing and renewing of operating permits, including the environmental permits and assessments.
Also, she has advised several international companies related with environmental and real estate due diligence, including the securing of certificates of compliance before federal agencies in Mexico, especially in the Bajio area. She has experience in advising foreigners for the acquisition of real estate properties in the restricted zone of Mexico.
She has advised various companies in the alcoholic beverages industry with regard to land tenure matters and novel legal structures for the search of legal certainty with agricultural producers and ejido members in Oaxaca, Jalisco and Guanajuato.
Representative Legal Matters
- Conducted a real estate and environmental due diligence and action plan to update the operating permits and document the compliance with its conditions, until the securing of the Certificate of Environmental Tourism Quality of a five-star hotel in Punta Mita, Nayarit, Mexico.
- Advised an international chemical industry with operations in Jalisco, Mexico, in connection with the construction and operation of a natural gas pipeline, which crosses three municipalities of the State of Jalisco. Involved in negotiating and drafting right-of-way and assignment agreements, as well as analyzing operating permits and authorizations. Involved in the reviewing and authorization of the Urban Development Plan for the Municipality of Poncitlán.
- Advised regarding zoning matters and land use of the several real estate properties in Mexico, including the New Consulate Compound of the United States in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.
- Advised pharmaceutical and manufacturing industries on the water rights acquisition in Jalisco, Mexico.
- Conducted diligence for Goldcorp Inc. in relation to the land tenure and rights-of-way agreements entered with agrarian individuals and ejidos regarding the operation of mines located in Zacatecas, Mexico.
- Leads the environmental law project of an alcohol and ethanol plant.
- Advised the first hotel division project of Transat in Mexico, which consists of a touristic beachfront resort with more than 500 rooms. This project includes corporate, financial, real state and environmental matters that we have advised and coordinated on.
- Reviewed the “Legal Infographic” prepared by the Mexican Bar Association (BMA) in collaboration with Appleseed Foundation for the people affected by the 2017 Mexico earthquake.
- Leads the legal counsel project for initiating activities for the Xhindó start-up, which supports rural communities to develop a trade, specifically hand embroidery. Currently, they are marketing their products online and on social networks.
- Mexico (2013)
- University of Navarra (Course Woman & Leadership) (2021)
- Universidad Panamericana (Post Graduate Degree Obligations and Arguments) (2015)
- Universidad Panamericana (Law) (2013)