Andrii Moskalyk is a Counsel at the Kyiv office of Baker McKenzie with the M&A and corporate practice group, primarily focusing on oil & gas, energy, mining and infrastructure projects (EMI), including public-private partnerships (PPPs) and other cooperation agreements between investors and the government, complex M&A and carve-out transactions in the EMI area.
Andrii has more than 10 years of experience advising foreign and domestic clients on structuring, negotiating and implementing complex EMI deals in both Ukraine and abroad.
Andrii joined Baker McKenzie in 2016 from Clifford Chance, where he had worked in the corporate department since 2009, both in the Kyiv and London offices.
Andrii has vast experience working on complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, in particular, those involving European countries and North Africa, in such industry sectors as oil & gas, electricity generation and transmission and infrastructure.
Andrii has worked extensively on structuring and institutionalizing new corporate governance models for national energy strategic companies, privatizations in the energy sector, energy M&A and PPP deals.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Polenergia International on the first Ukrainian electricity PPP Energy Bridge: Ukraine – European Union
- Advised Ukrenergo on the first formation of the supervisory board in a Ukrainian state unitary enterprise, a national electricity transmission system operator
- Advised a large CEE energy company regarding the structuring of its potential investment into a major existing oil & gas upstream project in Ukraine in the form of production sharing
- Acted for a large oil & gas exploration and production company on the disposal of petroleum-producing assets in Africa
- Advised a foreign well service company on corporate structuring of its market entry to the Ukrainian servicing market
- Advised on the implementation of corporate governance action plan in the largest state-owned oil & gas company NAK Naftogaz Ukrayiny and passage of the necessary statutory corporate governance regulations
- Advised a multi-national well service company on the regulatory framework for treatment of geological information
Prior to Baker McKenzie:
- Represented Arawak Energy in connection with setting up an oil & gas production joint venture with Geo Alliance
- Advised Chevron on negotiating, signing and implementation of the production sharing agreement with the Ukrainian government and a state-controlled company
- Acted for one of the largest British oil & gas companies in connection with the proposed sale of the North Sea oil- & gas-producing licenses and related facilities
- Ranked by Legal 500 EMEA 2019: Commercial, Corporate and M&A: Next generation lawyer
- Ranked by IFLR 1000 2020: M&A: Rising star
- Ranked by Ukrainian Law Firms. A handbook for foreign clients 2019:
- Energy and Natural Resources: Leading Individual & Corporate and M&A: Other Notable Practitioner
- Ranked as Notable Practitioner in Energy & Natural Resources and Corporate M&A by Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients 2018
- Ukraine (2006)
- Georgetown University Law Center (Master of Laws in Securities and Financial Regulation with honors) (2009)
- Donetsk National University (Master of Civil Law with honors) (2006)
Publications & Events
- Speaker, "BUSINESS FOR SMART CITIES: PPP Structuring and Implementation", The 1st Expo – Congress, January 2019
- Co-Speaker (with Polenergia International), "Presentation of EU-Ukraine Energy Bridge Project: Past and Future", Ukraine International PPP Conference, June 2018
- Speaker, "Implementing People First PPPs for the SDGs: International Best Practices and Recommendations for Ukraine and Neighboring Countries", June 2018
- Panelist, Co-Speaker, "Ukrenergo Corporate Governance Reform: Sharing Experience", Kyiv International Corporate Directors' Forum, December 2017
- Speaker, "Modernization of Infrastructure in Ukraine: New Opportunities for Private Business Participation - Prospects of PPPs in Ukrainian Energy Sector", Ukraine International Conference, May 2017