Juan Carlos Moron is a partner in Estudio Echecopar. He focuses on administrative law, administrative intervention on regulated markets and government contracts, including infrastructure concessions, public services and governmental control.
Juan Carlos has supported the Project Transparency sponsored by USAID and OSCE andprepared the Manual for the Solution of Controversies during the process for contractual selection and execution and the Manual on Exemptions. He has also participated in several processes for private promotion in public services and infrastructure and advised agencies such as ProInversion, CEPRI LIMA, among others.
Juan Carlos has been published in Latin Lawyer stating that he “is a respected name in the sphere of administrative law” and has been recognized in Chambers and Partners as “a public procurement specialist widely respected for his wealth of administrative law expertise and experience. He has great academic knowledge, enthuse sources, and know how to use it practically to tackle problems."
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a metropolitan railway co-owned by an Argentine and a Peruvian company on regulatory matters during the execution of the concession agreement granted by Peru’s Infrastructure and Communications Ministry to develop Lima’s new metro line. This USD 5.3 billion mega project will involve the construction dozen of subway stations and lines and will generate an estimated 11,000 jobs and benefit approximately 65,000 passengers daily.
- Advised one of the largest concessionaires in Peru on the transfer of shares held by a strategic partner. This mandate included helping the client draft and negotiate the terms of the transfer agreement and obtain the authorization of the Municipality of Lima (the Grantor) to perform such transfer.
- Assisted a Spain–based construction company on its participation in the tender called by Provias Nacional for the management, improvement and conservation of the roadway corridor "Emp. PE–1S (Dv. Aplao) Corire–Aplao–Chuquibamba–Arma–Cotahuasi–Charcana–Accopampa–Dv.Sayla–Pampachacra–Ushua–Oyolo–Dv. Sequello–Marcabamba–Emp. PE–32C (Pausa)–Maran."
- Provided counsel on the preparation, evaluation and declaration of interest of the private initiative presented to the Santa Maria del Mar Municipality for the development of a scientific technological park.
- Regularly advises a consortium formed by several construction companies providing public works and services on the construction of the Nestor Gambeta tunnel.
- Advised a civil engineering and construction company on its tunnel construction project, which is the biggest private initiative on infrastructure investment in the country so far, worth USD 500 million.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Peruvian Association of Administrative Law
- Peruvian and Latin-American Association of Professors and Researchers in Administrative Law
- Peru (1990)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Master's Degree Constitutional Law) (1998)
- Universidad San Martín de Porres (Law Degree) (1989)