Daniel Octavio Morales Velásquez
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S.
Daniel is a lawyer from Universidad Externado de Colombia, with a specialization in corporate tax law and business law from the same university. He is a specialist in taxation from Universidad de los Andes and is currently studying a Master's degree in taxation at the same university.
During his career he has advised national and international clients in consulting matters for the development of operations in Colombia and abroad, as well as in administrative and judicial litigation on national and municipal taxes.
Alejandro regularly provides consulting work for companies in the pharmaceutical, food, retail and services sectors. He has also participated in the structuring of tax planning for domestic and foreign individuals and legal entities.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised companies such as Ecopetrol, Ocensa and ODL in the structuring of oil and gas businesses and operations from a tax perspective.
- Acts in litigation in real estate tax law, municipal taxes, international taxation, transfer pricing and foreign payments for companies in various sectors such as HP Colombia, Constructora Prabyc, Papeles Nacionales S.A., among others.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Young ICDT, Instituto Colombiano de Derecho Tributario. - Member
- Colombia (2018)
- Universidad de los Andes (Specialization in Taxation) (2022)
- Centro de Estudios Tributarios de Antioquia CETA (Diplomate in Taxes) (2021)
- Universidad Externado de Colombia (Specialization in Business Law) (2020)
- Universidad Externado de Colombia (2019)
- Universidad Externado de Colombia (JD) (2018)
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S., is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein