David has actively participated in advising multinationals of different sectors (i.e., pharmaceutical, energy, transportation, manufacturing and healthcare) on the taxation of cross-border transactions and investments, including direct foreign investment, joint ventures, M&A, restructurings, transfer pricing, permanent establishments, tax treaties, wealth management and dispute resolution.
David also has relevant litigation experience in Venezuelan tax courts and the Venezuelan Supreme Court.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted in designing and implementing a corporate restructuring involving related foreign holding companies, with detailed analysis on the tax consequences arising from such restructuring.
- Advised on the Venezuelan tax implications of a major worldwide spin-off involving the company's Venezuelan operations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Universidad Católica Andrés Bello (2019) - Guest Professor of Tax Law
- Caracas Bar Association - Member
- Venezuelan Tax Association - Member
- Venezuela (2017)
- University of Leiden (International Taxation Diploma) (2020)
- Universidad Metropolitana ( Oil and Gas Law degree diploma) (2018)
- Universidad Metropolitana (JD) (2017)
- Co-author, ''New Assets Tax in Venezuela, Finance Offshore, 2019
- Author, “Taxability of extraordinary remunerations perceived under labor relationship for purposes of the reform of the income tax law," Tax Law Magazine N° 151, Legis, 2016