Lindsay Minnis is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Global Equity Services Practice in New York. She routinely advises multinationals on international equity plans, executive compensation and employment benefits.
Lindsay advises companies of all sizes on the design, implementation and compliance of their equity compensation plans. These include tax considerations, securities filing and disclosure requirements, exchange control rules, labor law exposure, data privacy concerns and compliance issues connected to offering equity compensation in different jurisdictions. She also counsels clients on the effects of mergers, reorganizations, spin-offs or other complex corporate transactions in relation to their benefit and equity compensation programs.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Willis Group on its global share plan, executive compensation and employee benefits in relation to its merger with Towers Watson & Co. (NASDAQ: WLTW).
- Advised Coca-Cola Enterprises on its global stock plan and employee benefits in relation to the company’s combination with Coca-Cola Iberian Partners and Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke into a new UK-based company, Coca-Cola European Partners.
- Represented a large pharmaceutical company in assuming equity plans operated by an acquired company, and advised on related tax and regulatory issues.
- Advised several multinational corporations on the effects of a spin-off on their employee equity offerings outside the US.
- Acted as counsel to numerous public and private multinational companies on legal, regulatory and tax issues associated with the annual grant of various equity compensation vehicles to employees in more than 70 countries.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals - Member
- Global Equity Organization - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- Court of International Trade (2008)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States (2008)
- New York~United States (2008)
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D.) (2007)
- University of Virginia (Master of Arts) (2001)
- University of Virginia (B.A.) (1999)
Speaker, "Spring Forward! Global Equity Updates and Takeaways," National Association of Stock Plan Professionals, New York Chapter meeting, March 2017
Speaker, "Mid-Year Update on International Issues and Developments Impacting Equity Plans," Baker McKenzie webinar, July 2016
Speaker, "Key Considerations in Adopting or Maintaining a GSPP," American Benefits Council webcast, June 2016
Speaker, "Industry Trends in Equity Compensation & Plan Design," National Association of Stock Plan Professionals, Southwest Roundup, May 2016
Contributor, "Transfer Pricing Annual Update," Journal of International Taxation, October 2011