Manuel Metzner is a counsel in Baker McKenzie’s Frankfurt office. Prior to joining the Firm, Manuel was counsel at a renowned international law firm, where he practiced in the areas of corporate, M&A, capital markets, financing and financial regulatory for almost 20 years.
Manuel’s practice focuses on financial regulatory, corporate, M&A and corporate finance. He also regularly advises on capital markets regulation and disclosure matters. A significant part of his work relates to the financial services and asset management sector.
Representative Legal Matters
Selected highlights of Manuel’s work prior to joining Baker McKenzie include:
- Advised an insurance group on regulatory and corporate implications of a potential reorganization.
- Advised a funds with respect to regulatory matters and shareholder notification procedures relating to several acquisitions in the insurance sector.
- Advised a client in the mobility sector on regulatory matters relating to the sale of part of its automotive business and the corresponding financial operations.
- Advised a private equity sponsor on the establishment of a direct lending fund.
Corporate, M&A, Joint Ventures, Corporate Finance
- Advised a media/tech client on the sale of its content streaming business and its corresponding investment in the shares of the publicly listed purchaser.
- Advised a retail group on the establishment of a tech commerce joint venture, subsequent financing rounds, its restructuring and the exit.
- Advised a retail group on the acquisition of a repair service and logistics company.
- Advised the supervisory board of a German credit institution on questions of management liability, corporate and compliance matters.
- Advised on various financing transactions, including credit facilities, Schuldschein issues and restructurings.
- Advised issuers and underwriters on a broad range of capital markets transactions, including IPOs, rights offers, equity-linked and debt transactions.
- Recommended lawyer for regulation – bank sector, Legal 500 Germany 2015
- Leading lawyer in capital markets debt and equity, Who’s Who Legal 2015/16
- New York~United States (2002)
- Frankfurt/M.~Germany (2000)
- Brigham Young University (LL.M.) (2000)
- Higher Regional Court of Baden-Württemberg (Second State Examination) (1999)
- Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg (First State Examination) (1997)
- Co-author (with Dr. Gabriele Apfelbacher and Christoph Trier), "Authorizations for Capital Raisings and Convertible Bond Issues (2018)," Clearly Gottlieb News & Insights, November 27, 2018
- Co-author (with Richard Bauer, Okko Hendrik Behrends, Dr. Thomas Kopp, Dr. Mark K. Oulds, Dr. Oliver Seiler and Tilman Wink), Frankfurter Kommentar zum WpPG und EU-Prospektverordnung, dfv Mediengruppe, Editors Dr. Carsten Berrar, Dr. Andreas Meyer, Cordula Müller, Dr. York Schnorbus, Dr. Bernd Singhof, Dr. Christoph Wolf) 2nd edition 2017
- Co-author (with Valentin Pfisterer), "Transformation of European Capital Markets Law – Challenges for Asset Managers," Banking Law Journal, 2016
- Co-author (with Valentin Pfisterer), "Auf dem Weg zu einem europäischen Regelwerk für darlehensvergebende Fonds?" Recht der Finanzinstrumente (RdF), 2016
- Co-author (with Carlo de Vito Piscicelli, Amélie Champsaur, Fabio Saccone, Robin Barriere and Valentin Pfisterer), "Direct Lending by Funds: Transformation of the Legal Regimes in Europe," The Banking Law Journal, September 2016
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.