Clementine is an associate in the Dispute Resolution team based in London. Clementine is also a member of the Investigations, Compliance and Ethics practice group.
Clementine’s practice includes a broad spectrum of disputes, including commercial and criminal litigation, investigations and international arbitration.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for two Chinese state-owned manufacturers of electronic consumer goods, in an arbitration seated in Paris under the ICC Rules worth almost USD 100 million, brought by their former Egyptian distributor.
- Acting for a printer manufacturer in the initial stages of defending a claim in the High Court.
- Advising a multinational corporation in the defence sector to reach a settlement with one of its agents in Pakistan.
- Acting for a former director of a company in the defence sector in criminal proceedings brought by the SFO in connection with allegations of overseas bribery of foreign public officials, involving a three-month jury trial.
- Acting for a Thai bank in connection with a claim in the High Court to recoup its assets following a GBP 80 million fraud by senior employees.
- Acting for a multinational telecommunications company that was at risk of criminal prosecution in Italy having been the victim of VAT ‘missing trader’ fraud.
- Clementine has worked on a number of pro bono matters, including volunteering at the Legal Advice Centre, providing project management support to Amicus (a charity that gives legal advice to individuals on death row in the USA) and assisting several children to obtain British citizenship through the charity Coram.
- Clementine worked at the British Red Cross on a sixth-month part-time secondment.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2022)
- BPP University (LLM Legal Practice Course - Distinction) (2020)
- BPP University (Graduate Diploma in Law) (2019)
- Durham University (Bachelor of Arts - First Class Honours) (2018)
- Co-author, ‘Cayman court decision removes sting in the tail of firewall legislation (re Stingray Trust)’, Baker McKenzie Private Wealth Newsletter, Second Quarter 2021
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.