Luke E. McDonald
Luke is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's corporate group based in London. Luke specialises in international business reorganisations and English company law.
Luke has a background in organic chemistry and experience in the pharmaceutical and fine chemical sectors. He is an Associate Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
As a member of Baker McKenzie's Global Reorganisations Practice, Luke helps multinational clients design, plan and implement cross-border and domestic business reorganisations. He provides pragmatic and commercially driven advice on complex questions of English company law.
Luke advises clients across a range of sectors, with a particular focus on Healthcare.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a global aerospace and engineering company on a pre-spin-off global reorganisation.
- Advised a global professional services business on a carve out in 68 jurisdictions.
- Advised a multinational chemical company on a USD 2 billion post-acquisition integration.
- Advised a US listed healthcare company on a legal entity rationalisation involving over 50 group companies.
- Advised a FTSE listed retailer on a major group restructuring.
- Advised a US listed pharmaceutical company on the design and implementation of a legal entity rationalisation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Associate Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2014)
- College of Law (Legal Practice Course) (2011)
- College of Law (Graduate Diploma in Law) (2010)
- University of Southampton (MPhil Organic Chemistry) (2009)
- University of Southampton (BSc Chemistry) (2005)