Cathrin Marxer is a member of Baker McKenzie’s Merger & Acquisition and Corporate Law Practice Groups. Cathrin graduated from the University of St. Gallen in 2017 and was admitted to the bar in 2018. Prior to joining the Firm in 2018, she worked as a law clerk at two St. Gallen based business law firms and gained additional experience by working at the Financial Intelligence Unit in Liechtenstein.
Cathrin assists and advises multinational and domestic clients on Merger & Acquisition transactions, corporate reorganizations, general corporate law matters as well as on banking and finance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised AGIC Capital on its investment into EULITHA AG
- Advised PSP Swiss Property on the purchase of a prime property in Geneva in a share deal
- Advised South Pole Holding AG on the minority investment by Temasek and Salesforce Ventures
- Advised edyn hospitality group on its acquisition of Hotel Ascot, Zurich
- Advised Sauter Bachmann AG on sustainable succession solution
- Advised sellers in connection with the sale of Trivadis group to Accenture
- Advised Hitachi on the USD 11 billion acquisition of ABB's power grids business in over 100 jurisdictions (the largest ever acquisition by a Japanese industrial company)
- Advised Viasat on the completed acquisition of Euro Broadband Infrastructure Sàri
- Advised the Nielsen group on USD 1.75 billion senior notes offering
- Advised Ufenau Capital Partners on its acquisition of an audio video equipment group consisting of the target companies Dr. W.A. Günther AG (Switzerland), Audio Pro Heilbronn Elektroakustik GmbH (Germany) and Audio XL N.V. (Belgium)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- HSG Alumni - Member
- Switzerland (2018)
- University of St. Gallen (MA HSG in Law) (2017)
- University of St. Gallen (BA HSG in Law) (2015)
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.