Cathrin Marxer is a member of Baker McKenzie’s Merger & Acquisition and Corporate Law Practice Groups. Cathrin graduated from the University of St. Gallen in 2017 and was admitted to the bar in 2018. Prior to joining the Firm in 2018, she worked as a law clerk at two St. Gallen based business law firms and gained additional experience by working at the Financial Intelligence Unit in Liechtenstein.
Cathrin assists and advises multinational and domestic clients on Merger & Acquisition transactions, corporate reorganizations, general corporate law matters as well as on banking and finance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Ufenau Capital Partners on its acquisition of an audio video equipment group consisting of the target companies Dr. W.A. Günther AG (Switzerland), Audio Pro Heilbronn Elektroakustik GmbH (Germany) and Audio XL N.V. (Belgium)
- Advised PSP Swiss Properties in the acquisition of a real estate portfolio valued at CHF 181 million by way of a share deal
- Advised Deutsche Beteiligungs AG on its investment in Kraft & Bauer
- Advised MEGA GOSSAU AG in relation to an investment made by CIC Capital
- Advised Henglin Home Furnishings Co. Ltd. in the completion of their cross-border financing and its acquisition of Lista Office Group
- Advised various global companies in corporate reorganization and cross-border sale transactions
- Assisted various multinational companies in connection with their global spin-off of their business operations
Professional Associations and Memberships
- HSG Alumni - Member
- Switzerland (2018)
- University of St. Gallen (MA HSG in Law) (2017)
- University of St. Gallen (BA HSG in Law) (2015)
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.