Davinia Martens is a partner in the Corporate Finance Practice Group of Baker McKenzie's Brussels office.
Davinia advises clients on corporate finance, covering mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions. She also advises on corporate restructurings, and corporate compliance and governance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised BMT group on the acquisition of the VCST group with subsidiaries in Germany, US, Romania, Mexico and China.
- Advised Anteo Diagnostics on its acquisition of DIAsource ImmunoAssays.
- Advised Ergon Capital Partners and Joris Ide on the sale of the Joris Ide Group to Kingspan.
- Advised Flint Group International on its acquisition of all outstanding shares in XBC, holding company of the Xeikon group, from Bencis Capital Partners BV and GIMV.
- Advised TA Associates on the buy-out of PhysIOL.
- Advised Baloise on its acquisitions of DrivOlution from Vanbreda Risk & Benefits, HDI-Gerling Assurances from Talanx, and P&V Luxembourg and Nateus from Ethias.
- Advised Biocartis in an EUR 64.5 million equity fundraising, one of the largest private rounds in the European life sciences industry in recent years.
- Advised KBC Bank and KBC Private Equity on the sale by KBC Private Equity of most of its remaining participations to KeBeK I, sponsored by LGT Partners.
- Advised KBC Private Equity, Gimv and Sofindev on their sale of Microtherm Engineered Solutions to Promat, part of ETEX Group.
- Advised Sulzer Metco on its acquisition of the Diamond-like Coating business of Bekaert.
- Brussels~Belgium (2004)
- Vlerick Leuven Ghent Management School (Master's Degree General Management, magna cum laude) (2004)
- University of Ghent (Graduate Economics and Business Administration, magna cum laude) (2003)
- University of Ghent (Law Degree, cum laude) (2002)