George is a senior associate in the Corporate Finance practice group in London.
George joined Baker McKenzie in 2017, having trained and later qualified with another international law firm in London in 2010. George was based in Hong Kong from 2015 to 2017 before returning to London to join Baker McKenzie.
George's practice is focused on equity securities offerings of all types, as well as public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate advisory and general corporate work across a number of industry sectors in both mature and emerging markets. He regularly advises a range of corporate and investment bank clients and his industry sector focus is on financial services.
George has experience of working in both London and Hong Kong for a variety of clients across EMEA and Asia Pacific. He also has broad capital markets experience across a range of listing venues, including London, Riyadh and Hong Kong.
Representative Legal Matters
Equity capital markets:
- Advised Arabian Centres Company on its initial public offering in Riyadh and listing on the Tadawul (Saudi Stock Exchange), on closing the largest IPO in the Kingdom since 2015 and the first ever international equity offering by a Saudi issuer involving a "Rule 144A" tranche to US investors, with Samba Capital, Morgan Stanley, NCB Capital and Goldman Sachs as joint financial advisers. Winner of "Equity Deal of the Year" and "Equity Team of the Year", IFLR Awards Middle East, 2019.
- Advised the three Macquarie funds as principal selling shareholders on Arqiva Group's proposed initial public offering and premium listing in London (2017, aborted).
- Advising Fosun Group and Sisram Medical on Sisram Medical's initial public offering and Main Board listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, the first ever listing of an Israeli-incorporated issuer in Hong Kong, with CICC and Jefferies as joint global coordinators and joint sponsors (2017).*
- Advised Henderson Equity Partners and John Laing Group on John Laing Group's initial public offering and premium listing in London, with Barclays and HSBC as joint global coordinators (2015).*
- Advised Zoopla on its initial public offering and premium listing in London, with Credit Suisse and Jefferies as joint global coordinators and joint sponsors (2014).*
- Advised the underwriters on the initial public offering and spin-off premium listing in London of TSB Banking Group from Lloyds Banking Group (2014).*
- Advising United Biscuits on its proposed initial public offering and premium listing in London (as part of a full dual-track process which resulted in the GBP 2 billion sale of United Biscuits to Yildiz Holding) (2014).*
- Advised BT Group on its GBP 1 billion share placing for cash to partially fund its acquisition of EE from Orange and Deutsche Telekom (2015).*
Mergers & acquisitions:
- Advised QinetiQ Group on its acquisition of Manufacturing Techniques Inc (MTEQ), a leading US provider of advanced sensing solutions (2019).
- Advised Olayan Group on its proposed USD 2.2 billion consortium takeover bid (together with Brookfield and Peel Holdings) of Intu Properties plc, listed on the London Stock Exchange (2018, aborted).
- Advised UBP, the Swiss private bank, on its acquisition of the private wealth management business of ACPI Investment Managers, a boutique private wealth management and investments business headquartered in London (2018).
- Advised China Media Capital on its USD 400 million co-investment with CITIC Securities for new shares in the UK's City Football Group Limited, holding company of Manchester City (2015).*
- Advised BT Group on its GBP 12.5 billion Class 1 acquisition of EE from Orange and Deutsche Telekom (2015).*
- Advised Zoopla on its GBP 190 million Class 1 acquisition of uSwitch (2015).*
*Transactions at previous firm.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- England & Wales - United Kingdom (2010)
- BPP Law School (Legal Practice Course) (2008)
- BPP Law School (Graduate Diploma Law) (2007)
- Trinity College, University of Cambridge (M.A. Hons) (2006)