Gresly is a Legal Director in the IP Tech Practice Group of Baker McKenzie's office in Mexico City, and the Leader of the Brand Management sub-practice. She joined the Firm in 2002 and has worked in the Caracas, Santiago and Mexico City offices. Since she joined the Mexico team in 2019, Gresly has been responsible for providing strategic and operational management of the IP Tech team, with the aim of driving and optimizing departmental performance, efficiency and profitability.
She has over 20 years of experience in trademark portfolio management, copyright protection, IP advisory and IP Transactions. Gresly has lived and studied in the United States, Venezuela, Argentina, Chile and several European countries, which has made her adaptable to cross-cultural environments and different communication styles (and languages), while also providing her with a global perspective for implementing legal strategies.
Representative Legal Matters
Managing trademark matters in Latin America on behalf of a well- known US-based pharmaceutical company, including design and trade mark clearance and registration.
Addressing IP issues in the context of corporate transactions, including due diligence reports and drafting of IP related agreements.
Advising a pharmaceutical company on actions and negotiations in connection with illegal products and misuse of the company's key trademarks in the Colombian and Mexican markets.
Assisting a Mexican finance company with the expansion of its portfolio in Latin America, Europe and the US, including brand design, commercialization and defense.
Assisting a US-based play and entertainment company with clearance and filing strategies.
Assisting one of Mexico's largest entertainment company with clearing and filing key brands which encompass a new concept for their entertainment parks on a global level.
- Ranked in Managing IP for her trademark practice in Mexico, 2021
- Ranked in Leaders League for her trademark practice in Chile, 2019
- Ranked in The Legal 500 for her trademark practice in Chile, 2017
- Ranked among Chile's leading lawyers for her intellectual property practice, Chambers Latin America, 2016
- Ranked among Venezuela's leading lawyers for her intellectual property practice, Chambers Latin America, 2013-2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mexican IP Association (AMPPI)
- International Trademark Association (INTA) - Member, Harmonization of Trademark Law and Practice Committee
- Venezuelan Association of Industrial Property Agents
- Caracas Bar
- Universidad de Chile (Postgraduate in Regulatory Affairs of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Cosmetic Products) (2018)
- Harvard Law School (CopyrightX) (2017)
- United States Department of State (International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP), Advanced Studies on the US Judicial System. USA) (2016)
- Universidad de los Andes (Intellectual Property Specialization) (2012)
- Universidad Católica Andrés Bello (Postgraduate in Marketing Management) (2011)
- Universidad de Buenos Aires (Postgraduate / Advanced Studies in Copyright) (2006)
- Universidad Metropolitana (Legal Translation) (2002)
- World Intellectual Property Organization (Postgraduate Studies on Administrative Issues in the Patent and Trademark Procedures, The Hague and Genève) (1999)
- Universidad Santa Maria (Law Degree) (1999)