Annabel Mackay has extensive experience of advising employers and employees on a range of complex employment issues.
She has been ranked in Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners since 2015.
Chambers & Partners 2019 report that clients describe Annabel as: "supremely impressive and technically brilliant while also being commercially astute and incredibly bright."
Annabel advises on the full range of employment issues with a focus on contentious and advisory work in the financial services sector. She also advises professional practices and service providers on compliance with their equality law obligations.
Annabel has particular expertise in defending high value whistleblowing and discrimination complaints involving regulated individuals.
She spent 18 months on secondment to the legal teams of two leading investment banks where she advised on a range of cross-border employment matters. Annabel has also provided on-site support to clients in relation to integration and harmonisation projects.
Representative Legal Matters
Advising financial services clients in relation to the defence of high value discrimination and whistleblowing complaints.
Supporting banks and building societies in relation to goods and services complaints where there has been regulatory intervention.
Advising in relation to complex restrictive covenant and breach of confidentiality disputes.
Providing guidance to clients in relation to the handling of investigations into harassment and other misconduct, particularly in regulated sectors.
Managing cross-border projects including outsourcing of services and harmonisation and restructuring exercises.
Advising professional practices in relation to discrimination complaints involving LLP members.
- Associate to Watch, Chambers & Partners 2019-2022
- Rising Star, Legal 500 2019-2022
- Rising Star for Labour & Employment, Expert Guides 2018-2019
- Next Generation Lawyer, Legal 500 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Employment Lawyers Association - Member, Training Committee
- Employment Tribunal Litigant in Person Support Scheme - Volunteer
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2001)
- College of Law (LPC) (1999)
- College of Law (CPE) (1998)
- Cambridge University (BA (Hons) History) (1997)