Lizzie is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Sydney office where she advises on a broad range of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions.
Lizzie has received her law degrees in China and the US, and further completed her legal education in Australia, and has experience working in those jurisdictions. Lizzie is qualified to practise laws in both NSW, Australia and New York, USA, equipping her with distinguished insights on and the ability to provide legal advice which is practical and commercial for cross-border transactions.
Lizzie is also fully bilingual in Chinese (Mandarin).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Global Infrastructure Solutions Inc. on its AUD 540 million acquisition of Australian-headquartered multinational group Palladium by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Advised FetchTV, the Australian IPTV provider, and its shareholders on the acquisition of and subscription for a controlling interest in FetchTV by the ASX-listed telco company Telstra.
- Advised renewable energy developer Maoneng Group on its joint venture with US-based global infrastructure investment manager I Squared Capital for investment in a distributed renewables energy business founded by Maoneng in the Philippines with the aggregated minimum equity capital investment by both JV parties of approximately AUD 160 million.
- Advised AGL Limited on its acquisition of Click Energy Limited from Amaysm and its acquisition of Southern Phone Company from 35 local councils.*
- Advised KKR and HPS on their acquisition of Maia Financial Group and its FIRB application, and various follow-up disposal of assets and executive equity incentive plan.*
- Advised a Middle East sovereign wealth fund on its co-investment with Quadrant Private Equity in Probe Group, its investments in various Quadrant Private Equity funds and related Foreign Investment Review Board applications.*
- Advised Prospa Group Limited (ASX: PGL)*, Wiseway Group Limited (ASX: WWG), Mediland Pharm Limited (ASX: MPH), AXS Group Limited (ASX: AXS), OneAll International Limited (ASX: 1AL), Traditional Therapy Clinics (ASX: TTC), Enice Holding Limited (ASX: ENC), Tianmei Beverage Group Corporation Limited (ASX: TB8), Jiajiafu Modern Agriculture Limited (ASX: JJF) and Bojun Agriculture Holding Limited (ASX: BAH) on their successful IPOs and listings on the ASX.
- Advised Coronado Global Resources (ASX: CRN) on its AUD 250 million entitlement offer and institutional placement, and advised Ramsay Health Care (ASX: RHC) on its AUD 1.5 billion capital raising.*
- Advised underwriters of Monash IVF on its AUD 80 million placement and entitlement offer,* and advised underwriters of Redcape Hotel Group of its IPO and listing on the ASX.
- Acted as Australian legal adviser to Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan as joint sponsors of Antengene Corporation Limited (06996.HK) on its listing on HKEX, and to Morgan Stanley and Huatai financial as joint sponsors of Peijia Medical Limited (9996.HK) on its listing on HKEX.*
*Matters handled prior to joining Baker McKenzie
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- New York Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States
- New South Wales~Australia
- High Court of Australia
- Cornell Law School (LL.M.) (2012)
- Fudan University Law School (LL.B.) (2011)