Lizzie Lu is an experienced senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Sydney office, where she advises on equity capital markets matters, cross-border M&As and funds related matters.
Prior to joining the Firm, Lizzie has worked as a lawyer in a leading international law firm in Shanghai and a compliance officer in a private enterprise in the US, equipping her with distinguished insights on Sino-Australian and US-Australian deals and the ability to provide legal advice which is practical and commercial for cross-border transactions.
Lizzie has native language proficiency in written Chinese and spoken Mandarin and Shanghainese.
Lizzie has extensive experience in initial public offerings, capital raisings, public company takeovers and corporate governance matters.
Lizzie also has experience in funds formation, family trust structuring and other funds related matters. Recently, Lizzie is actively involved in providing legal services on initial coin offerings, crypto currency exchanges and other digital assets related matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising on a number of equity capital markets matters including IPOs, backdoor listings, compliance listings on ASX, NSX, SSX, HKEX and NASDAQ and listed companies' secondary raisings.
- Advising on public company takeovers (including takeover bids and schemes of arrangements) for Australian and Hong Kong companies.
- Advised First Capital (a HK listed company) on its acquisition of shares in the ASX-listed Company G8 Education (ASX: GEM).
- Providing listing rules related and corporate governance advice to listed public companies.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- New York Bar Association - Member
- Supreme Court of New South Wales~Australia (2018)
- New York~United States (2014)
- Cornell University (Master of Laws) (2012)
- Fudan University (Bachelor of Laws) (2011)